Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Champion Sound @ Turnstyle (Brisbane)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Champion Sound

Champion Sound
  • Members
  • 48 posts
Posted Image

Champion Sound head back to the Turnstyle Social Space this March for a night of roots, reggae and rocksteady.

Featuring ruff and tuff selections from the Champion Sound crew alongside Basmati (Rhythm Collision) and Toothy The Swede.

Get there early and grab a great feed of delicious, authentic Jamaican cuisine from The Ja Joint who will once again be setting up out the back, plus ice cold beers available all night at the bar.

We look forward to seeing you on the 10th!

Where: Turnstyle, 10 Laura St, Highgate Hill

When: Saturday 10th March, 6pm til midnight

How much: $5 door pressure. $5 beers
YOUTH COMMUNITY CULTURE

<a href='http://www.championsound.com.au' target='_blank'>www.championsound.com.au</a>
facebook.com/ChampionSound

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
:thumbs:

Stryka D

Stryka D
  • Members
  • 449 posts
Nice. this a regular thing?

keep it large

Infra-Dread

Infra-Dread
  • Members
  • 1,940 posts
will try my hardest to get along to this! :lighta3:
September Mix - Yes Boss

Champion Sound

Champion Sound
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Nice. this a regular thing?

We'll see how it goes, certainly would like it to be! It's a great venue...quite large basement-leading-to-garden, real house party kind of atmosphere (the venue being, in fact, a house, now operating as a social space, co-op, cycle repair shop and more), and the addition of The Ja Joint providing some proper nice jerk chicken, rice and peas and Ital curry from a stall set up on site makes it extra nice!

We had great fun last time and are expecting it to carry the same vibe this time, so bring your family and friends and come down and introduce yourselves, all tribes welcome!
YOUTH COMMUNITY CULTURE

<a href='http://www.championsound.com.au' target='_blank'>www.championsound.com.au</a>

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
sounds great!

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts
will bring the family down for dinner!
josHUA

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
Look forward to seeing you there Hua - will buy you a beer

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

basmati

basmati

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
awoaaah !!

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
This weekend! Looking forward to me piece o jerk chicken, no lie!

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts
big up champion sound for this night,

great vibes there for real, good food good music, relaxed nice enviroment, cool to see people cjillin on the grass rather than some seed pub carpet, food and beers were dirt cheap too

nuff ozreggae massive there supporting too

the upsteppers
dubmarine
the shadefoot
selectah bing
basmati
dunchillin
king krazi

i sincerely hope these continue

Hua
josHUA

basmati

basmati

• Members
  • 2,548 posts

big up champion sound for this night

Yes definitely - wikked session !!!

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
sounds great... post up some photos if you can!

mystical warrior

mystical warrior
  • Members
  • 2 posts
blessings and love to all the CHAMPION SOUND crew and people i met last night ......... one love !
Posted Image

Champion Sound

Champion Sound
  • Members
  • 48 posts
Big thanks to everyone who made it on Saturday, was a wicked session!

Some tuff selections well received by the crowd from Chris Jay, Toothy The Swede (aka Bo Selector aka Swede Tooth) and Basmati, and the machine sounding well heavy! Was a good turn out and relaxed vibe - like Hua said, people shocking out on the grass and around the yard enjoying the music, people and smell of jerk chicken wafting around. Great to see a few kids there with their parents too!

Jesse - sorry man, didn't get any pics ourselves, and now I think about it Basmati's ubiquitous camera was conspicuously absent! If anyone got any we'd love to see them.

Have to pay big respects to the Ja Joint for the delicious food - so delicious they sold out early. Also props to Bing who got dropped in it last minute at the bar, and Andy and Tama for first class door duties.

Most of all big up all the people who made it down and helped make it a night to remember. Ya large! Big up Mystical Warrior, was good to make the link. Nuff other great connections made on the night too...reggae music is a wonderful thing for community!

Only issues on the night was the beer stock getting warm while we waited for the people on the ice run (will be on that next time!), and the boys in blue showing up half an hour before the end of the gig and making us (very politely) shut down a bit early, and with slightly less bass.

Looking to run a next one in May...watch this space!

:flag:
YOUTH COMMUNITY CULTURE

Stryka D

Stryka D
  • Members
  • 449 posts
Yes John, glad to hear it went well, when the next one?

Stryka D

Stryka D
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Yes John, glad to hear it went well, when the next one?

Stryka D

Stryka D
  • Members
  • 449 posts
Ah May I see

Champion Sound

Champion Sound
  • Members
  • 48 posts
Yes Stryka, May 19th the next one. Poster soon come
YOUTH COMMUNITY CULTURE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users