Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MORE FIRE 8TH BIRTHDAY BASH!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
MORE FIRE 8TH BIRTHDAY BASH!!!
SATURDAY 11 APRIL @ MISS LIBERTINE

April 11 marks eight years of Chant Down’s More Fire sessions, Australia’s longest running reggae/dancehall night. To celebrate, Chant Down are blazing it up for another bigger-than-big birthday bashment! As well as residents Jesse I and Ras Crucial, get ready for burning sounds from the extended family – Damajah, Sista Itations, Andy Ites, Troublemaker, Bellyas, Night Nurse and Tony Bashment – plus special guest Paradox, straight outta Auckland! Also featuring nuff guest MCs, party treats and other surprises. Celebrating eight years of pure reggae and dancehall in one inity – more fire!!

More Fire 8th Birthday Bashment takes place on Saturday 11 April at Miss Libertine (34 Franklin St, city). Doors open at 10pm, with a cover of $10 or $8 for concession holders, PBS FM and SYN members.

Posted Image

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
8 years!!! WHOAAAA!!! Thats a massive effort for ANY night regardless of the scene.
Big big big respect!

Looking forward to the ram-jam! Nothing but good vibes on the bill. And welcome in advance to Melburn town Paradox :)

You know, there's a couple of peeps around here that have never missed a single session... even with a broken rib! :yes:

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
yes, Andy Ites is a true soldier! he even managed to limp into Deep 11 between a car accident and the hospital on one rough night!

I wonder how many others can say they've never missed one? Louisa may have missed one or two, Lynn wasn't there last Sat but she had a real long streak going til then... Charles hasn't missed one as long as I can recall, but I don't know about the real early days...

+nightnurse+

+nightnurse+
  • Members
  • 1,855 posts
:PullUp: Its that time of year again! :fiya2:

I reckon I could count the ones I've missed on both hands, and for most of those I would have been out of town (or the country) or preparing for exams :dork: Not that I let that stop me after the first couple of years :lol:

Looking foward to meeting you in person Paradox! I hope you like cake :)
dem caan get me dowwwn/
coz melburn ah mi town!

Nich Power

Nich Power
  • Members
  • 142 posts
Andy Ites soilder fi real.. Man was too sick to play at Chaka Demus and Pliers but still managed to pass through.. :lighta3:

Love the original flyer Jesse..Is that Cruical. :lol:

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
yes Nich, nuff people have thought that is Crucial over the years, especially in the old days!

that's Rocker T though, from the cover of his "Tru Ganjaman" 12". I told him we used it for our first ever gig flyer years back, and he thought that was cool... :)

paradox

paradox
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts
Yes! Literally counting down the days now...

To say I'm amped for this would be an understatement, maximum respect and more goes out to Jesse for making room on what is going to be a no doubt epic night. I can't stress enough what a privilege it is :).

Look for a little N.Z. posse up the front, flying in for the Easter weekend vibes :wink:.

Thanks Itations and nightnurse, definitely looking forward to linking with you guys and all the Ozreggae posse in person finally :yes: ...and the cake, of course!

:fire: :fire: :fire:

EMPRESS DJ CORBY

EMPRESS DJ CORBY
  • Members
  • 692 posts
:bigup:
Jesse,Ras Crucial and all the crew there
8 years is a massive job holding down a dance
wishing you many many more
have a great night
Nuff Love & Respect from the West :respect:
Bless

jester84

jester84
  • Members
  • 20 posts
:fiya2: :selecta: :bashment: :djmix: :fiya2:

cannot wait fi dis :) FIRE!!!!!

troublemaker

troublemaker
  • Members
  • 527 posts
:o cake! :lol:
8 is a good number!!! :leaf2:

iceberg

iceberg
  • Members
  • 16 posts
cool i try and make it im in melbourne that week should be good bless

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
yo Iceberg, nice one bro! I'll make sure you to save you a massive piece of cake... ;)

Bellyas

Bellyas
  • Members
  • 1,305 posts
Cake plans are coming along splendidly. :ites:
Housewife's Choice

iceberg

iceberg
  • Members
  • 16 posts
marijuana cake?lol im in melbourne from 4th april til 19th april jesse my first time there,staying with a friend not sure what suburb, i still got your number il give you txt or call once i get a oz sim,ok bless

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
:leaf2:
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

mama trees

mama trees
  • Members
  • 573 posts
Jesse, Crucial respect fi REAL!!!! Wishing More a Fire a massive birthday.....I have only been to one :( but hope to get MORE FIRE in the future!!!!! :fiya:

Chantdown large Yuh know!!!!!!!!! :fiya:
http://www.reggaedancehallwa.com/

Dem pop down
but we STILL HOT !!!

Uptight

Uptight

Undisputed Champion of the Soundsystem

• Members
  • 845 posts
Yes Stars big ups on reaching you 8th year of More Fire dances.

Had many fun times, especially down in the depths of deep 11. Good ole days.

Bellyas

Bellyas
  • Members
  • 1,305 posts

Had many fun times, especially down in the depths of deep 11. Good ole days.

:yes: :yes: :yes:
Housewife's Choice

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Deep 11 *sniff sniff*

sub:merge

sub:merge
  • Members
  • 51 posts
Ah yes, Deep 11 was such a good venue. What is in there now?