Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

COTTI (UK)//TES LA ROK (FIN) melb

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

Dub Club Melbourne.

Dub Club Melbourne.
  • Members
  • 392 posts
Posted Image

Once again Too Much! is proud to present two of the best dubstep artists from across the globe. For this one we have UK heavy weight Cotti & Finish badman Tes La Rok.

We are moving to the Night Owl for one night only and will have the Full Heartical Hi Fi installed (20K of bass pressure).

This is going to be our last gig for the year as we are set to run the Dubstep room at BBA Bass Jump NYD, so come down and make this one the biggest yet!

Supports from

Heartical Hi Fi (Stryka D & Boover Banton)
Affiks b2b A13
Same O
Fooishbar

Tes La Rok Bio

Posted Image

Tes La Rok is a dubstep DJ and music producer from Helsinki, Finland. He was one of the first international names to break through in the scene, and has been featured on a variety of albums such as Steppa's Delight, Dubstep Allstars 5, Mary-Anne Hobbs' Evangeline and Mixmag 25 Year Anniversary Mix by Laurent Garnier. He is also the owner of Noppa Recordings, a dubstep label featuring some of the most innovative artists from around the world.

For the past decade, Tes La Rok has been one of the pioneers in Helsinki undergound culture. He has had a hand in running respected raves such as Slam It, Soulfuel, Back 2 Bass and Sub.

His first ever record was released on Audio Couture (sister label of Moving Shadow) in 1998 - under the moniker Dice with his partner in crime Dharma1. A few years later, it was Dharma1 who introduced UK garage & broken-beats to Tes La Rok.

Tes La Rok released his remix of Uncle Sam's Round The World Girls on Argon Records in 2007. It quickly achieved anthem status, being played in danceclubs everywhere. For the dubstepforum.com 2007 awards, it won 'Best 12"'. Tes La Rok is one to watch - he is leading the way into the future of dubstep music with his enthusiasm and hard work.

Cotti Bio

Posted Image

Cotti hailing from brixton south london is an established producer/dj/mc and founder of the sumting new movement (2009) & bassface rec (2007).

Cotti has grown up around music and was very keen to experiment with it from a young age, initially writing lyrics and then eventually moving on to actual music productions. He formed 4n Format crew (grime) in 2004 based in South London. 4n Format started out on "ontop fm 95.50" then landed a set on the undergronuds leading pirate "rinse fm 100.4" in early 2006. which they no longer have due to unforseen circumstances.

Cotti eventually put his name on the music map with 3 seperate 12" dubstep dancefloor anthems "sensi dub" , "i dont give a dub" & "the legacy" which have gone on to sell thousands around the world in 2007/08 alone.
Cotti also has a track featuring on the massive box of dub 2 album (dubstep & future dub) released on souljazz records track entitled "let go mi shirt" as well as a string of 12" releases with the pioneering record lable, plus another track featured on the "fabriclive 37" compilation by caspa & rusko also released in 2007.

Cotti has also worked with many established uk artists & producers such as Skream, Goldielocks, Roll Deep, Newham Generals, Plastician, Jammer, J sweet, Doctor, Big Narstie, l man, Aaron Soul, Kromestar not to mention remixes for mainstream artists

Nitin Sawhney
Massive Attack
Hockey
Dub Pistols
Public Enemy

Cotti has been playing his sound/dubstep in clubs not only in and around London but in many other countries around the world such as Australia, New Zealand, Holland, France, Poland, Germany, Serbia, Romania, Finland, Russia, Denmark, Belgium, Hungary, Scotland and Ireland where he has had a rapid reponse about his productions, individual sound & djin skills
'Outernational'

Lady Banton

Lady Banton
  • Members
  • 296 posts
SOOOOOOOOO excited about this party!!

To all my reggae heads that are open minded to the dubstep thing - this is the party I been telling you about - Cotti sealed the deal for me as far as falling in love with dubstep. He and Loefah (playing this Saturday 24th Oct) both have reggae flavas to their tunes. Great vocals across the board to match their great beats.

Check it!
None of us is as strong as all of us

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
shame it's the same night as More Fire. what is it with big dubstep parties always being on the second saturday of the month in Melb?

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
They're on all the time Jeff - there's a massive dubstep gig this Saturday and that would have been a pressure drop night

(Sorry for de-railing the thread!)

Damn everyone keeps bringing Cotti to Melbourne. He should start looking into real estate here!

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
yeah, I guess you're right Sista. can't fight the flavor of the month!

Simmo T

Simmo T
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts
Dubstep a white ant the ting!

I had some kid come up to me after a dubstep type set the other week and sey 'MAAAAAN that was some HEAVY dub you played bro!' I said 'Bro YOU DUN NO WHA THE FUK U TALK ABOUT'
<span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>COOL WEN MI COME BOUT</span></span>

<a href='http://twitter.com/SimmoTee' target='_blank'>http://twitter.com/SimmoTee</a>

same o

same o
  • Members
  • 31 posts
Lady Banton it Coki that playin this weekend not Cotti. Coki is one of the original dubstepers.

Jess I, I dont think that dubstep actually has an impact on your numbers, well I hope it dont.

And Simmo T, your white I am guessing cuz any one who is black wouldnt play such a dumb race card with music.

and to finish I will show you pictures of many black dubstep artists.

Posted Image

Benga

Posted Image

Coki

Posted Image

Chef

Posted Image

Joker

There are many more but really I dont think I need to go on.

Simmo T, you are a dumb shit. and wtf is with all the fucken dem fi know talk your not jamcian. and if you are and you are black, then your fucken dumb for bringing race into it.

Thanks

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts

Jess I, I dont think that dubstep actually has an impact on your numbers, well I hope it dont.

yeah, I doubt it has a huge impact. but it definitely has some; I know quite a few people personally that are often torn on a Saturday night trying to decide whether to go to Heavy Innit or More Fire... no contest for the serious fans of course, but for some on the periphery with more broad musical tastes...

ISIS

ISIS
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts
??????? What? the fuck??

Why would you avertise Cotti if its Coki?
Link Up | SabataSound@gmail.com | FB: SabataSound Yusiit | Twitter: @SabataSound

same o

same o
  • Members
  • 31 posts

??????? What? the fuck??

Why would you avertise Cotti if its Coki?

coki on this weekend. cotti at this party advertised.

same o

same o
  • Members
  • 31 posts

yeah, I doubt it has a huge impact. but it definitely has some; I know quite a few people personally that are often torn on a Saturday night trying to decide whether to go to Heavy Innit or More Fire... no contest for the serious fans of course, but for some on the periphery with more broad musical tastes...

Dont worry weekends are switching up as of next year.

We moving to 4th

ISIS

ISIS
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts
Right...

Seen both Cotti and Tes before, but both were badly let down by shithouse Sound/Atmosphere.

Black People.
Link Up | SabataSound@gmail.com | FB: SabataSound Yusiit | Twitter: @SabataSound

same o

same o
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Right...

Seen both Cotti and Tes before, but both were badly let down by shithouse Sound/Atmosphere.

Black People.

well you wont have to worry about sound with us

:bbox: :bbox: :bbox: :bbox: :bbox:

ISIS

ISIS
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts

Right...

Black People.

Allright... I wont.

:|

same o

same o
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Right...

Black People.

Allright... I wont.

heartical in full effect

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts

We moving to 4th

that's good to hear, I'm sure both parties will benefit with no clash.

true, we're talking about different genres, but dubstep is obviously close enough to reggae that it warrants promoting gigs on ozreggae.com...

ISIS

ISIS
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts

Right...

Black People.

Allright... I wont.

heartical in full effect

Yes i noticed.

same o

same o
  • Members
  • 31 posts

We moving to 4th

that's good to hear, I'm sure both parties will benefit with no clash.

true, we're talking about different genres, but dubstep is obviously close enough to reggae that it warrants promoting gigs on ozreggae.com...

there does seem to people who are into both genres.

I am personally more on a steppas tip when it comes to reggae, not so much into dance hall etc.

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts

I am personally more on a steppas tip when it comes to reggae, not so much into dance hall etc.

Maybe you should ONE post about it, instead of just posting about dubstep! 'Cause as you've noticed it is a "reggae" forum. :o
Madda dan...

Simmo T

Simmo T
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Maybe you should ONE post about it, instead of just posting about dubstep! 'Cause as you've noticed it is a "reggae" forum. :o

ozdubstep.com.au NUMBNUTS!!

....not you Static, you no numbnuts your just short and got likkle leg jeans!! lol
<span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>COOL WEN MI COME BOUT</span></span>

<a href='http://twitter.com/SimmoTee' target='_blank'>http://twitter.com/SimmoTee</a>