Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

High Tide @ The Espy (Melburn)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
96 replies to this topic

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Ha!

Ive got a audio recording of his set from his last Inna De Dance. I'll hook you up with a copy NonGod

Have fun at the Espy tonight everybody :wave:
This nanna is staying home in front of the :fire:

troublemaker

troublemaker
  • Members
  • 527 posts
Gwaan Bellyas, Vince!

Big ups to the High Tide residents!! :ites:

+nightnurse+

+nightnurse+
  • Members
  • 1,855 posts

Vince!

Eurovision! :lol:
dem caan get me dowwwn/
coz melburn ah mi town!

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
should be a good one tonight... Vince has a killer selection from what I've seen, and we all know Bellyas has big tunes from long time! looking forward...

Bellyas

Bellyas
  • Members
  • 1,305 posts

Vince has a killer selection from what I've seen

:ph43r: Eeek - I'm scared!

:lol: Really looking forward to tonight... go Vincent! Blaze! :fire:
Housewife's Choice

Doctor Fil

Doctor Fil

Internet

• Members
  • 1,492 posts
ya well watch riview

vice and his french dj mash up the dance well
so did bellyas
and jesse i and bad rassss c

:clap: :fiya2: :selecta: :HIM: :compsmash: :ak47: :dr4:
Rastafari not a culture, it's a reality.

Doctor Fil

Doctor Fil

Internet

• Members
  • 1,492 posts
it was nice :vinyl: :ites:

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts

vice and his french dj mash up the dance well..

I figure this was a typo, but I like the name "Vice" for a selector! maybe if we all call him that it will stick, ala Jeffery, Tony Bashment, Crunchie, etc... :wink:

have to agree with the good Doctor too, was a real nice session last night despite the crowd numbers not being the highest. good selections, and good vibes all round...

next week - long-time Melbourne veteran Ernest Dubious, and ozreggae's own Bossygal (aka So Fire)!

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
ok ok, here we go again... keeping the fire burning through winter in St Kilda... tonight's guests Ernest Dubious and So Fire...

:fire:

Doctor Fil

Doctor Fil

Internet

• Members
  • 1,492 posts
well once again I must say it was a warm session even though the coolness of the evening air troubled us some Posted Image

wicked sets from teh residence an the guests mr duboise ernest and so fire :fire:

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
How was dangerouses set ?
Huck is always on the raft.

No time to mess with Greed, Got some fine plants to seed...

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
That's next week :wink:

And we're all eagerly anticipating the set which will be dubbed "STIR THE POT UP"

Doctor Fil

Doctor Fil

Internet

• Members
  • 1,492 posts
:flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash:

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
actually Dangerous is still a couple weeks away... next week is Rootsifya (aka Mr Savona, champion producer) and Christar. Dangerous is the week after - talk about one eagerly anticpated debut set!

yeah, big up to So Fire and Ernest Dubious for choice selection last night... Dr Fil wicked on the mic and the Bad Ras bad everytime... crowd has thinned a bit with the cold weather, but the people are still dancing, and the vibes are still sweet!

dangerous

dangerous
  • Culture Don
  • 3,773 posts
I am pretty much shitting myself about my set btw, my friend spoke to Jesse and put me forward for it, and at the time I had had a drink or two and was up for the idea after Jesse said it would be cool... I was thinking maybe of doing a set but I was thinking a year down the line or something lol. So don't expect good reviews, if I get them it's because people are kinder than they are honest. Hopefully people will like the tunes that I play enough that any lack of dj skills will be forgiven.
Bass is maternal, when it's loud I feel safer

Prince Andrew

Prince Andrew
  • Members
  • 976 posts

actually Dangerous is still a couple weeks away... next week is Rootsifya (aka Mr Savona, champion producer) and Christar.  Dangerous is the week after - talk about one eagerly anticpated debut set!

Oh I see your just keep holding off again and again so you can build it up huh?

This set will the most aticipated set in OZ Reggae history by the sounds of it. Bwoy him better be practicing the skills dem and working out the selection cuh if he don't fire................ :ph43r: :box: :tantrum: :pow3: :daze:

Good luck when ya come bout deh Dangerous, maybe I'll have to mek the trip down for it. :wink:
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you and then you win!

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
don't worry bro...................you got wikked tune !!!!

+nightnurse+

+nightnurse+
  • Members
  • 1,855 posts

I am pretty much shitting myself about my set btw, my friend spoke to Jesse and put me forward for it, and at the time I had had a drink or two and was up for the idea after Jesse said it would be cool... I was thinking maybe of doing a set but I was thinking a year down the line or something lol. So don't expect good reviews, if I get them it's because people are kinder than they are honest. Hopefully people will like the tunes that I play enough that any lack of dj skills will be forgiven.

ah stop ya yakking and start selectin! :lol:
dem caan get me dowwwn/
coz melburn ah mi town!

dangerous

dangerous
  • Culture Don
  • 3,773 posts

Bwoy him better be practicing the skills dem and working out the selection cuh if he don't fire................ :ph43r: :box: :tantrum: :pow3: :daze:

Good luck when ya come bout deh Dangerous, maybe I'll have to mek the trip down for it. :wink:

I got the selection down, just not sure if it's an hour long... if not, some rewinds will sort that out!

Preliminary set list:

IS THIS LOVE
NO WOMAN NO CRY
COULD YOU BE LOVED
THREE LITTLE BIRDS
BUFFALO SOLDIER
GET UP STAND UP
STIR IT UP
ONE LOVE/PEOPLE GET READY
I SHOT THE SHERIFF
WAITING IN VAIN
REDEMPTION SONG
SATISFY MY SOUL
EXODUS
JAMMING
PUNKY REGGAE PARTY

Oh and any time you want to clash, Prince, bring it on! I'll break out the Red Red Wine!
Bass is maternal, when it's loud I feel safer

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
So is the open fire place up and running yet? :fire: :fire: :fire: