Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HEARTICAL HI-FI PRESENTS OPERATION BUSHMENT.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

Uptight

Uptight

Undisputed Champion of the Soundsystem

• Members
  • 845 posts
A game of soccer sounds fun. I'm sure we can find some space.

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
One final BUMP from me !

Bushment will be kicking off in a few hours, so I'm outtaaaaa here !

:bbox:
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

Uptight

Uptight

• Members
  • 845 posts
Yes Heartical massive, the excitment still building as we depart for the bushment.

Weather a little wet but should clear later. so please dont be put off. we have marquies and heaters so all should be cozy.

Hope to see you all later. :wave:

Heartical Hi Fi on the move. :bbox: :bbox: :bbox: :bbox: :bbox: :bbox: :bbox:

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
It was a pleasure to play on a REAL sound for my first time ever really! Played on a lot of sound systems but not a one in this country that is purpose built for reggae. Heartical Hi FI sounds real baddd! Have to commend everyone that set the dance up (not myself, got there later) the marquee and the sound really lovely effort! Steve the other half of Heartical has and played nuff bad collector tunes inna all kinda style. Everybody played nice nice, would've been nicer if Ranking played some more and with us when Heartical and Firehouse were playing together. We were still playing tunes when we left at 9:30 a.m.!! There wasn't a lot of people, I think the rainy weather earlier on in the day scared people off. It was set up so nice that it wouldn't have matered if it rained. I will fly down anytime to play on Heartical anywhere. Look forward to future Heartical sessions and listening to my new record nerd friend Steve from Heartical playing the bid tunes! Special mention to babylon who came, saw and left with minimal fuss inna babylon way. Momentous Operation Bushment! :bbox: :bbox: :bbox: :vinyl: :alarm: :respect:
Madda dan...

dangerous

dangerous
  • Culture Don
  • 3,773 posts
Yes Iyah!!! Was a seriously wicked night - thanks a lot to Derek and all the people who helped him set up and make this happen - and thanks to Yoni, Steve and the Firehouse guys for some seriously wicked tunes from dusk till dawn and beyond!!! I hope this will happen again soon :D

I've got some pics I'll put up either later or tomorrow. I wish I had a pic of the copper's face when he came into the marquee and his eyes lit upon the Happy High Herbs stall :D Priceless!!!

Thanks again! :respect:
Bass is maternal, when it's loud I feel safer

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
Yes it was truly an almighty night .. the sound system a spectacle to see !

All the big tunes came out, some fine selections by all that played !
Little before sunrise I crashed out, so I was absent from some of the action. I could hear it all the way from my tent though, so no tune was missed or forgotten. Was great to wake up to some great vintage and dub sounds !

Well done to Derek and the Heartical crew, well organised and coordinated. Would love to see more bushments like this very soon .. thanks to everyone that came !

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
Unreal ! Great work guys, you can do it all anytime. Cant wait for a summer session down there.

Huge up to the birth of reggae outside parties in Australia !!!!!! :bomb: :bomb:

and why did babylon turn up at all ?
Huck is always on the raft.

No time to mess with Greed, Got some fine plants to seed...

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts

and why did babylon turn up at all ?

Apparently the Koalas couldn't sleep ...

dangerous

dangerous
  • Culture Don
  • 3,773 posts
I thought that was sweet that he was worried about the koalas :) As far as Babylon goes it wasn't bad, they didn't shut it down so respect to them for that. Someone had made a complaint apparently so they have to check it out and take details etc. It wasn't exactly much of a surprise to anyone that they turned up was it?

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
was it a known trance party site of something new you have found ?
Huck is always on the raft.

No time to mess with Greed, Got some fine plants to seed...

Sensi Systa

Sensi Systa
  • Members
  • 284 posts

I wish I had a pic of the copper's face when he came into the marquee and his eyes lit upon the Happy High Herbs stall :D Priceless!!!

He even sent the woman copper back to check it out. She certainly had a good ol flash around with her torch. i offered her a guarana lolly but she turned it down...
Maybe i should have offered them a few shortbread instead! :ganja:

Will put our pics up too, once we have caught up on sleep and put the house back together again.Got some great invalid selecta shots.

Thankyou Heartical! And thanks to all the dj's who played, all the helpers whom put up and down soundsystem, lights, marquees etc, and all the people whom made the effort to come down. It was such an exciting night. I'm still exhausted today- even broke a boot from dancing for so long.
War is ugly, but love is lovely...

Uptight

Uptight

• Members
  • 845 posts
Original site was full of Happy holiday peeps so we found a alternative site further up the road. and sorry to anyone who set out and couldnt find us.

OK right now some well deserved shoutouts, thanks and big ups.
:respect:
Much Love and respect to Jay it was your 40th that made the whole thing happen.

To the people that contributed and helped with everthing: Tania, Jordan, Helter Shelter Charlie and shelly, Firehouse Bernard and Lucious, Yoni Top Rankin, Sista BB, Brian Delay, Steve Austin it were great representing Heartical together, Jacquie, Cass, Rueben, Dangerous Dave, Victor, Jack, Ester, Carla, and the Park Ranger for apreciating a good bassline. And to everyone who came and enjoyed Sorry if I left anyone out.

No thanks to Babylon, they were boring.

Bellyas

Bellyas
  • Members
  • 1,305 posts

No thanks to Babylon, they were boring.

:lol:

Nice one Uptight. Congratulations on launching HHiFi! A long long time you've been building that machine. Looking forward to check it a nextime. :wave:
Housewife's Choice

nardo

nardo
  • Members
  • 1,499 posts
that was something else!! thank you Derek & crew :flash:
<a href='http://www.firecorner.com' target='_blank'>firecorner.com</a>

ZionRootical

ZionRootical
  • Members
  • 691 posts
Yeah thanks Sound mate,
Couldn't believe we pulled it off, thanks for eveyone who pulled their weight in helping unloading and loading the sound we wouldn't had been visited by Mr & Mrs Babylon if it weren't for your help. I'm glad they were only nosing around, where did they go!!!
I was 100% that they were coming back...maybe they got LOST inna bush....quick send out a Bush party
Same time, same place next week........anyone!!!!!

Thanks for the crowd got to see all walks of life, young and old, caped and uncaped

The music was a little under par..i can only blame myself.

Thanks to every Dj who span a tune, you know who you are! but if you can't remember who you are you had a good time. Brian and Sista BB, Ranking Yoni and The Champion Sound Firehouse. good vibes all a while. sorry if i trod on any toe's

Quote of the night "Bootleg nah it no Bootleg"

Hope to see you all again, lets hope a venue can be found until then thanks

oh special shout out to the guy with the blue mo hawk who was walking down the highway near Bacchus Marsh you made it and stayed to the end

likkle leo

likkle leo
  • Members
  • 20 posts

a likkle something for those who went... and for those that didnt make it... this is to get you looking forward to the next bush bash.

twas a total blast! :bbox: :lol: :bbox:

Uptight

Uptight

• Members
  • 845 posts

The music was a little under par..i can only blame myself.

Wha you mean? your selekshan were top every tune a bomb :bomb: :vinyl:

Thanks to Likkle Leo for makin and postin the pics

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
Much love likkle leo, that clip looks WICKED !

:wub:

Sensi Systa

Sensi Systa
  • Members
  • 284 posts
Ahhhh! Thought so... You two... :wink:

Nice one likkle leo... top work with the editing! Ultra professional! :respect:
War is ugly, but love is lovely...

dangerous

dangerous
  • Culture Don
  • 3,773 posts
Hey Sensi Systa - I have a bit of video (only about 30 seconds, wish I had taken more) but you are on it and so I wanted to check with you before I put it up on youtube or anything :D In fact it's already on youtube and ready to go, but at the moment is marked as private so no-one can actually see it.