Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

THE ORIGINAL WAILERS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

heapsaflash

heapsaflash
  • Members
  • 4 posts
THE ORIGINAL WAILERS

Posted Image

Posted Image

ANNOUNCE THE ‘MOVEMENT OF THE PEOPLE’ TOUR
A CELEBRATION OF THE ‘EXODUS’ ALBUM

A tide of pure energy is about to flood through Australia, as Bob Marley’s Original Wailers announce their most anticipated Australian tour to date, the ‘Movement Of The People’ tour. The tour will feature a retrospective celebration of the ‘EXODUS’ album, voted by Time Magazine as the most important album of the 20th century.

Bob Marley & the Wailers have sold more than 250 million albums in the last four decades, and his band helped propel this international success.

Now Marley’s legendary musicians, together with other renowned reggae session men, including legendary reggae session drummer Paapa Nyarkoh, and Jamaican keyboard virtuoso Desi Hyson, have reformed under the title of THE ORIGINAL WAILERS.

It was these celebrated musicians who gave Marley the platform for his explosive brand of roots rock reggae. The world’s greatest reggae rockers, led by Junior Marvin and Al Anderson are heading to Australia to perform one of the most loved albums in history and Time Magazine’s album of the 20th Century, EXODUS. This album continues to convey the clearest possible impression of Bob Marley, the singer, the lyrist, the musician, the philosopher, the lover, and the icon of the people.
EXODUS stands as the definitive statement of the concerns and the artistry of a man who, while himself marked by many of humanity’s imperfections, rose from the obscurity of a third world shanty town to become one of the planet’s most beloved and inspiring figures. His message speaks across generations of people of every colour and creed. And for five nights in November this message will be heard loud, clear and righteous in Australia.

Junior Marvin and Al Anderson toured and recorded with Marley until his death in 1981. This places them among the rare few - the true torchbearers of his legacy - which they memorably helped to create. Now The Original Wailers, with Junior handling lead vocals, promise to recreate musical history as they continue to spread the message of “One Love.”

TOUR DATES

Monday 23rd November - The Beach Hotel , Byron Bay
TICKETS ON SALE Tue Sep 29th @ The Beach hotel / www.oztix.com.au / Beach Hotel Bottleshop
Publicity Contact: Rebbeca Vilanti / rebecca@beachhotel.com.au / (02) 6685 6402

Thursday 26th November - Metro Theatre, Sydney
TICKETS ON SALE THU SEP 24TH @ Metro Theatre Box Office, Ticketek www.premier.ticketek.com.au
Publicity Contact: James Browning / james@nicheproductions.com.au

Friday 27th November - The Esplanade Hotel, Melbourne
Tickets on sale now / www.oztix.com.au / The Espy Bottleshop + usual outlets
Publicity Contact: Candice Walley / candice@espy.com.au / (03) 95340211

Saturday 28th November - Queenscliff Music Festival, Queenscliff
Tickets On Sale Now: www.qmf.net.au/
Publicity Contact: Carolyn Logan / carolynlogan@bigpond.com / 0400 441025

mizzem

mizzem
  • Members
  • 195 posts
Niceness. I shall be in attendance at the Byron show. Back from NYC Sat then straight to the beach to unwind :yes:

dangerous

dangerous
  • Culture Don
  • 3,773 posts
Note mizzem that these are the "Original Wailers" NOT the original "Wailers".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wailers_(reggae_band)
http://en.wikipedia....riginal_Wailers
Bass is maternal, when it's loud I feel safer

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Note mizzem that these are the "Original Wailers" NOT the original "Wailers".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wailers_(reggae_band)
http://en.wikipedia....riginal_Wailers

:wink:

Grapple

Grapple
  • Members
  • 3,057 posts
wow so not even family man in this group. earl wire though. I'd be keen if it was junior murvin not junior marvin on vocals

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Maybe we can ask Junior Marvin about Sir Johan III's guitar gift from Bob Marley! :D
Madda dan...

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts
They are also playing a show in brisbane now Wednesday 25th November at HI FI bar, west end :alarm:
josHUA

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Firehouse will be supporting the Sydney show.
Madda dan...

tatnth96

tatnth96
  • Members
  • 15 posts
Darky Roots, Sonny Dread and Rudekat records are opening the Brizzy show... :fiya2: :fiya2:

Chris

Chris
  • Members
  • 1,785 posts

Maybe we can ask Junior Marvin about Sir Johan III's guitar gift from Bob Marley! :D

:lol:

Equal Rights

Equal Rights
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Too bad Elan Atias isn't going to be there.

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Elan was with The Wailers not this band. I rate the tunes he did for the dancehall pop market like and "Do Right By You" produced by Tony Kelly.
Madda dan...

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts
going down tonight brisbanites!

anyone got a review on shows in other states yet???
josHUA

Infra-Dread

Infra-Dread
  • Members
  • 1,940 posts
got my butt out of the house to get to this last night
good show :)
though it was weird when they finished their encore everyone just bolted...
surely if people wanted, could have gone for more encores???

i dunno..
seriously the quickest i've seen a venue empty!!
September Mix - Yes Boss

Dubmarine

Dubmarine
  • Members
  • 340 posts
a little too much guitar shred i thought...

dave espy

dave espy
  • Members
  • 1 posts
The Original Wailers are playing a free show on Sunday 29th of November at the Espy in The gershwin room! get there!

daniel ring

daniel ring
  • Members
  • 644 posts
what time are they playing there dave ?

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
as per the other thread I made before this:

Doors open 7pm, Ras Crucial and I will be selecting from 8.15pm, and the band should be on sometime around 10pm.