Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PRINCE ALLA live with MISTA SAVONA band

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
Posted Image

PRINCE ALLA live with the MISTA SAVONA band

AUSTRALIAN TOUR - FEB 2010

Legendary roots reggae singer Prince Alla makes his first ever Australian tour this February, backed by the full 10-piece Mista Savona band. Coming from the celebrated Greenwhich Farm area of West Kingston, Prince Alla is well known for his crucial Rastafarian anthems, including the seminal album "Heaven Is My Roof" (for producer Tappa Zukie), the essential compilation "Only Love Can Conquer" (a collection of Bertram Brown productions compiled by Blood and Fire), and his works for UK producers including Jah Shaka and Jah Warrior. Prince Alla will be performing many of his classic hits - including songs such as Great Stone, Lot's Wife, Youthman In The Ghetto, and Bosrah - all backed by the amazing Mista Savona band.

February 14 = Footscray Community Arts Centre, VIC (3pm)
February 14 = St Kilda Festival, VIC (8pm)
February 19 = Playground Weekender, NSW (6pm)
February 19 = Gailic Club, NSW (11pm)
February 20 = Melbourne - Venue TBC
February 21 = Perth Festival, WA
Februart 26 = Adelaide Festival, SA

download a free 15 minute Prince Alla promo mix here

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
Such great news !

Here's a clip I found of Prince Alla performing 4 weeks ago in Brixton UK with the Positive Vibes Band ... most recent show to date.

Great energy and vibes from this foundation crucial singer !

Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

Stryka D

Stryka D
  • Members
  • 449 posts
Wicked. Melb get 3 shows! Can't wait.

YD International

YD International
  • Members
  • 98 posts
WHAT A HEAT! COMEEN PRINCE ALLA COMEEN!

NOW THIS IS SOMETHING WORTH REACHING...

PURE VIBES

Unfortunately the sound system is the Gaillic is pants

Still Prince Alla voice so sweet !

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
bump. flyer added to thread.

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
I just added a 15 minute Prince Alla promo mix to this thread... nuff big tunes!

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts

download a free 15 minute Prince Alla promo mix here

:bigup:

daniel ring

daniel ring
  • Members
  • 644 posts
wow ! excellent news !! sensational .

daniel ring

daniel ring
  • Members
  • 644 posts
for the show on the 14 th in footscray are there tickets on the door or ...and what is the entry price ?

nafet

nafet
  • Members
  • 637 posts
Jesse any word on the Feb 20 venue?

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
yeah... no go it seems. I'm not directly involved, just helping spread the word, but it sounds like negotiations broke down at the last minute so it now looks like there won't be a show on that night, which is a shame...

armagideontime

armagideontime
  • Members
  • 638 posts

I just added a 15 minute Prince Alla promo mix to this thread... nuff big tunes!

nice mix! :fire:

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts

for the show on the 14 th in footscray are there tickets on the door or ...and what is the entry price ?

okay, tickets for the 14th in Footscray are door sales only. cost of entry is a massive $5! I'm told it's an outdoor space, and capacity shouldn't be an issue.

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
This is coming up really soon ... but how come only Sydney has their promo sorted out ?

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
I think because all the other shows are festival gigs where they're not actually relying on ticket sales to cover costs...?

Hence the need for a general flyer and promo thread such as this one to help get the word out to reggae fans in each city...

daniel ring

daniel ring
  • Members
  • 644 posts

okay, tickets for the 14th in Footscray are door sales only. cost of entry is a massive $5! I'm told it's an outdoor space, and capacity shouldn't be an issue.

a big fiver !. thanks for the info jesse .

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
bad news Melbourne people... Jake sent me a message this morning saying that Prince Alla will miss tomorrow's shows. There was a mixup with the US visa and it wasn't sorted in time, though I believe he'll still be here in time for the rest of the tour... fingers crossed anyway...

armagideontime

armagideontime
  • Members
  • 638 posts
damn that sucks, was really looking forward to this.

El Rocker

El Rocker

***Strictly Rockers***

• Members
  • 851 posts
Damn it. Probably the first show i could've actually reached in a while. Was looking forward :(

ROOTSIFYA

ROOTSIFYA
  • Members
  • 202 posts
yeh this is real unfortunate...a mixup with the festival travel agents responsible for his flights and visas. The Australian visa was sorted months ago - but no-one knew he needed a US visa just to travel in transit (1 hour at LA airport now requires a Visa for Jamaicans). This apparently is a relatively new law.

The band has been perfecting Alla's Soul Syndicate riddims, we even have Dizzy and Jornick doing the beautiful old style vocal harmonies!

We're trying to reschedule another Melbourne show on a weeknight in 10 days or so. Will keep people posted.