Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kuranda Reggae Festival

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

the shadefoot

the shadefoot
  • Members
  • 1,559 posts
Over the last two years there has been a wicked reggae festival being put on at the Kuranda Amphitheatre (40 mins outside of Cairns).......this is an amazing site, a natural amphitheatre in the rainforest...........and it is happening again this year on Saturday
September 3rd...........flights are cheap so get on up for a weekend of reggae in paradise..................
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act!" - George Orwell

Judah

Judah

Real Fyah Man Inna Yard

• Members
  • 327 posts
close to my birthday please keep us updated !!
Judah

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
where can we find more info? .. and who's played there in the past?

:dunno:
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

the shadefoot

the shadefoot
  • Members
  • 1,559 posts
Yeah, I don't think it has been promoted heaps down south.........

check here, for last year http://kurandareggae...ubberglove.com/

really, it has only been Brisbane and North Queensland bands and D.J's, but as you see, Mad Prof played their last year.............

.....and this year, as an unofficial announcement, Cornerstone Roots are headlining, along with Afro Moses (in reggae mode), and a swag of Brissie bands.......but I don't think NoMC is coming cause he has cricket the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!da fool love his cricket more than his reggae now!!!!!!..............
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act!" - George Orwell

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
Thanks for the link Shadefoot ... Those photos look sweet as ! :ites:

Howcome we never heard about this before? oh yeah.. no forum!
Let's hope the organisers promote it properly this year ... and perhaps get more acts from around the country to represent, because we know there are plenty of them!

Big up this festival, looks like huge potential !

:fire:
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

the shadefoot

the shadefoot
  • Members
  • 1,559 posts
ahh... great to hear you say that ranking man, the photo's I think really capture the vibe: family's, beautiful/interesting people................
and you are right, no forum, no know............so respect to you for getting this ting happening aye..........
also, if this goes alright (but damn, I wish they get the word out!!) next one could be the one, I think you could help them alot and such and I think thier idea of having two stages is the go, one for the bands and one for the sounds.........

and RESPECT to John Butler for giving them some money to promote it, may they use well aye...............

El Rocker

El Rocker

***Strictly Rockers***

• Members
  • 851 posts
WOW....
true Yoni, without the board there are so many things that we wouldn't have known about. Looks like a huge event... hopefully won't be the last shadefoot.
A bush bashment seems like such a wicked idea, i recall Jesse saying something about organizing one of these down here in the warmer months... should be more of these i rekon.
:bbox: :tree: :tree: :crazygal: :handsair: :bashment: :dance: :dance1: :medi: :selecta: :jay: :tree: :tree: :bbox:

Judah

Judah

Real Fyah Man Inna Yard

• Members
  • 327 posts
oh... wow. thats looks really nice .
i think it's time to take it to the next level and make the festival a big gathering of all the reggae lovers from allover australia,get some sounds from melborune and sydney some bands, and who knows maybe next year we can bring a jamaican act !

get the DVD "Reggae On The River" and get inspired!
Judah

the shadefoot

the shadefoot
  • Members
  • 1,559 posts
YES judah. thats definitely on the cards, I just been talking to one of the organisers and he is in for the long haul, it seems my initial claim was well wrong....
babysteps at the moment, I think it will be alright for a few more it seems now, the main problem, of course, is MONEY, but one must spend the money on the acts to get the people...
which is why I like the sound system summit idea, maybe this could be run up in Kuranda next year, get the sounds up there and accomadated and herbed up and a likkle pocket money and help this thing grow.............
it's there for us the get behind.............

the shadefoot

the shadefoot
  • Members
  • 1,559 posts
http://kurandareggae...ubberglove.com/

updated information for the 2005 festival........ :bbox: :yes: :bbox:

the shadefoot

the shadefoot
  • Members
  • 1,559 posts
:alarm:

Judah

Judah

Real Fyah Man Inna Yard

• Members
  • 327 posts
what bout some sound's from melbourne anyone gwan play there?
Judah

the shadefoot

the shadefoot
  • Members
  • 1,559 posts
probably not this year, but next year it will be a two day thing with sounds and bands from elsewhere in oz.............
although sista itations might be coming up? any word sista?

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Yes I Shadefoot. Yoni, Vibesman and myself are looking into a trip north for the festival. It looks amazing!

Any other melbournians interested in coming, let me know. The more flights I book, the cheaper it is.

:$: :$: :$:

Judah

Judah

Real Fyah Man Inna Yard

• Members
  • 327 posts
sounds like a roadtrip(pin) to me :) yaya...

celebarte my earthday deh :)
Judah

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
Looks great .... !

we have band babies popping out bout then, but ild love to get a car up from byron....

will get on to it ! respects ! :fire:
Huck is always on the raft.

No time to mess with Greed, Got some fine plants to seed...

the shadefoot

the shadefoot
  • Members
  • 1,559 posts
driving from byron to cairns is such a fucking long way Huck, i reckon it takes at least an ounce and a half to get through that one (depending on how many people in the car ofcourse).................
:ganja:
but it would be awesome to see you all there...............

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Looks like myself and Ranking Yoni might be squeezed into the line up WOO HOO!
Will keep you posted.... regardless, we will definately be there :dr4:

megami warrior

megami warrior
  • Members
  • 492 posts
it sounda good.

nice to get a melburn crew going, sista how much are the flights? :ganja:

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Im sure I can cheaper flights closer to the date - but as it stands, I can get tickets for $150 return (including taxes n everything). So far I have 3 people - the more I book, the cheaper it gets. This price is based on a Friday depature from melbourne and a Sunday/Monday departure from Cairns. Link me if youre interested. :thumbs: