Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CHERINE ANDERSON AUSTRALIA / NZ TOUR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

dancehallreggaeaustralasia

dancehallreggaeaustralasia
  • Members
  • 35 posts
Oct 07 08 Powerstation Eden Terrace - Auckland
Oct 10 08 The Tivoli - Brisbane
Oct 11 08 Byron Bay High School - Byron Bay
Oct 12 08 Civic Theatre - Newcastle
Oct 14 08 Enmore Theatre - Sydney
Oct 16 08 The Forum - Melbourne
Oct 18 08 Great Hall - Wollongong
Oct 19 08 Anu Bar - Canberra
Oct 21 08 The Barton Theatre - Adelaide
Oct 22 08 Metropolis - Fremantle
Australasia Reggae Dancehall Music Promotion & Marketing Syndicate

Bellyas

Bellyas
  • Members
  • 1,305 posts
Wow!
Housewife's Choice

Dan Version

Dan Version
  • Members
  • 676 posts
Nice. I wanna hear her sing Kingston state of mind on the darker shade of black riddim. Who's she coming with? What's MF? I don't wanna see Spearhead either. :respect:

Bellyas

Bellyas
  • Members
  • 1,305 posts
MF is Michael Franti, the Spearhead man. I've seen them waaaaay too many times :lol: but wouldn't mind seing Cherine Anderson, I heard she does a great show!
Housewife's Choice

Dan Version

Dan Version
  • Members
  • 676 posts

MF is Michael Franti, the Spearhead man.

Of course. Never been into MF/Spearhead. Didn't know Cherine was doing some work him/them. Kind of curious, but not really. :lol:

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts

I've seen them waaaaay too many times

:ites:

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts

MF is Michael Franti, the Spearhead man.

Also refered to by some as "The Frantichrist"

+nightnurse+

+nightnurse+
  • Members
  • 1,855 posts
I think this site has seen enough franti bashing to last a life time. lay off already! :box:

:wave:
dem caan get me dowwwn/
coz melburn ah mi town!

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
True but its been such a loooonnnng time inbetween, i couldn't resist a little one, ya kno... :grin:

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
Those are the MF and Spearhead dates right? Is she doing a support set to them and/or singing tunes as part of the MF set???

SergeonGeneral

SergeonGeneral
  • Members
  • 373 posts
Spearhead's new album was recorded in Kingston (for the most part) with Sly & Robbie involved on most tracks, Cherine's on a number of tunes (which sound nice), as is Zap Mama and other guests.
She will be performing as part of the Spearhead show.
myspace.com/djnicktoth
facebook.com/djnicktoth
twitter.com/djnicktoth
user posted image

+nightnurse+

+nightnurse+
  • Members
  • 1,855 posts

Zap Mama

:fire: wikkid artist!
she cut a beautiful tune on the rootdown label last year.
dem caan get me dowwwn/
coz melburn ah mi town!

Dan Version

Dan Version
  • Members
  • 676 posts
http://www.one876ent...t_from=&ucat=2

On the heels of wrapping a successful 21 date tour of the US in early September, the young Dancehall Soul songstress Cherine Anderson returns to the States again, this time hitting the road with singer/activist Michael Franti and Spearhead. Anderson is touring with the massively popular Franti and Spearhead in support of their September 9th release, All Rebel Rockers, in which Cherine is featured on three songs. The first single off the album, "Say Hey (I Love You)" featuring Cherine, is receiving great radio rotation as well as being featured on ads for the CW and E! Entertainment Networks.

Anderson serves as the band's opening act performing songs from her upcoming EP "The Introduction-dubstyle", and rejoins the band as a featured vocalist during the Spearhead set. Just several shows into joining the tour, Anderson's presence has created a buzz. Nicole Kristek of Mel.Opho.be writes about the show at Marymoor Amphitheatre in Washington, "(Cherine) showed off her range and power with slow "diva"-style vocals mixed over reggae beats. A bit reminiscent of Lauryn Hill but with more funk to her voice, we found her to be extremely charismatic, weaving her sultry way across the stage".