Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PBS radio festival

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
For the Melbourne people who aren't on my email list...

The annual PBS Radio Festival starts in a few days. This is the time of year when the station gets serious about listener subscriptions in order to raise the money needed to stay on air for another year. In today's world of increasingly concentrated media ownership, dominated by commercial interests, we're extremely lucky to have a community based radio station like PBS where the focus is simply on the music. If you're a regular listner of Chant Down Babylon, and you're not a subscriber, please do the right thing and become one. As well as getting discounted entry to More Fire, and many other places around town, you'll be helping to keep PBS and reggae music on air, and helping protect one of our few remaining forms of community-controlled media. To subscribe, simply ring 84151067 during Chant Down Babylon either this saturday or the week after. Alternatively, just go to http://www.pbsfm.org.au and subscribe online. A full subscription will set you back $70, otherwise it's $35 for concession holders, and $25 for an under-25 youth subscription.

We can always use extra volunteers during radio festival also, so if you'd like to help out on the phones, please call Gerry at the station on 84151067 or email admin@pbsfm.org.au

Thanks!

professor

professor
  • Members
  • 920 posts
And big up the Mighty Megahertz for their win in the Community Cup, immaculately coached as they were.
And support your community radio, it is the lifeblood of Melbourne.
LAWLESS STREET - 2RRR 88.5FM [SYDNEY] Thursdays 4 - 6pm

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
Yes Jesse I

All Melbourne people, and all people who listen to community radio throughout Australia and their associated reggae shows

Support community radio stations, support the shows you listen to, support reggae music !! SUBSCRIBE

The subscription is nothing $$$wise, support the music you love and listen to on a weekly basis, don't leave it to others, act yourself, you make a difference - DO IT !

For all Brisbane people - 4ZZZFM's Radiothon is in August

Basmati / The Yard
:ghetto:

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
Big up to Yoni for subscribing to PBS... just heard the shout-out on Heartical!

Everyone else, don't forget you can still subscribe to Chant Down Babylon tomorrow - and get your name on the door for the More Fire: Rastafari dance tomorrow night, in addition to all the usual prizes and benefits of being a PBS subscriber.

support independant community media!

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
Vybzman in the place too... respect! :wave:

Binghi Fire

Binghi Fire
  • Members
  • 1,135 posts
Big Ups, to Derrick M for a solid show. good vibes foward. love it when he does the hard sell then laughs.

respect

megami warrior

megami warrior
  • Members
  • 492 posts
jesse i on da airwaves direct 'melbourne is da reggae capital!' yes i

boomshot

:bbox: :bbox:

join up!!