Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BASS CULTURE RADIO 2RRR 88:5FM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

Robojase

Robojase
  • Members
  • 674 posts
:flash: :flash: Sista Itations...

Ive been meaning to have a listen to this for a long time now. Thanks for reminding me

I know wot yer mean... One of those Lp's that hides waaay back in the collection, but is always surprisingly enjoyable to rediscover. I am also listening to "Rewired for Dub" the 2005 Mad Professor LP... Horace Andy and Mad prof... :phones:

Flying fish...

You know I would love for youo to come in and do your thing and f**k with peoples breakfast cereal... It is an invite my bro :flash: :bbox: :flash:

Add some killer Rub a Dub to what i said I would play, thanks to Ital Dr :respect: , and more than likely "Escape" by Capelton... I played it twice this morning...
"Ha! You think it's funny? Turning Rebellion into money..."
-Strummer

Robojase

Robojase
  • Members
  • 674 posts
BASSCULTURE RADIO PLAYLIST 5/5/06

MAROON TOWN- Goodbye to the empire (4Jessxo)
MAX ROMEO/UPSETTERS- Norman (12")(4 Dave)
SISTER NANCY- Chalice (4 ital Dr)
SISTER NANCY/YELLOWMAN- Bloodstain
MADNESS- Shut up
TRICKY- Black steel
TENOR SAW- Golden hen/version
BAD BRAINS- I anainst I (4 Bekk!)
THE SLACKERS- Old dog (4 SSK)
HEPTONES- Babylon falling/version (4 SSK)
JIMMY CLIFF- Vietnam (4 Reuben)
EDWIN STARR- Agent double-o-soul (4 Danielle)
LAUREL AITKEN- Jesse James
AL CAMPBELL/LITTLE JOHN- Mash it already
BUNNY WAILERS- Rockers (4 Firehouse)
THE RUTS- Jah war
THIRD WORLD- Satta amassagana (4 Frank)
TOOTS AND THE MAYTALS- Monkey man (4 Frank)
BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS- Jah live (4 Frank)
CAPELTON- Escape
BIM SHERMAN W/ SINGERS AND PLAYERS- Run them away
SLACKERS- Shank e bhon
WILLIE WILLIAMS- See you when I get there(4 Glen and Danielle... Seeya at the Pub tonight!)

NEXT WEEK... Punkyreggae. As in music from both side of the fence, and where it meets up :fire: :flash: :fire: ... You will get to hear Clash, Bob Marley, Dillinger, Public Image, Specials, Beat, Stiff Little Fingers, Ruts, Bad Brains, Selecter, Madness, New Age Steppers, Slits, Dub Syndicate, DYCR, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Dennis Bovell, SubhumansGang of Four, Pop Group, African Head charge, Tackhead, Dr Alimantado, I dunno, that sort of thing probably... Any suggestions?

It is waaay too amazing a day to spend any more time on a computer. I am outta here!!! :jam:
-Strummer

Robojase

Robojase
  • Members
  • 674 posts
Add Asian Dub Foundation and Mikey Dread to that...
-Strummer

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts

MAROON TOWN- Goodbye to the empire (4Jessxo)

Big tune !!! :flash:

Robojase

Robojase
  • Members
  • 674 posts
Basmati,

I know it! I first heard that track in my teen years, listening to the "Train to Skaville" show (was it Prince Andrew that did that show?), and picked up the "Rude Awakening" comp LP last week at teh Glebe record fair, after years of only having it on a crappy tape from the radio show...Killer track indeed! To be honest, I am thinking it will be the opening theme music to this show from now on...

Does any one have the Maroon Town "Pound to the Dollar" Ep? I would love a copy. on tape, cd etc????

ALSO>>> look out for a Ska night in June poss, at Kelly's on King in Newtown. It looks like it will be on, just gotta find some DJ's... :bbox:
-Strummer

Robojase

Robojase
  • Members
  • 674 posts
BASSCULTURE RADIO PLAYLIST FOR FRIDAY

I would love to put the playlist for the show up, but, being scattered as I am... I lost it somewhere... Sorry about that :beam:

Anyway, thanks to the new people who call in and request songs and artists! :wave:

This next show coming... The moosic of Lee "Scratch" Perry and friends! :dance:

The following week... Glen from the Signals guest selektah! :flame:

Bigups to the Firehouse and 45 rpm people for two killer dances on one weekend! Thanks!!! :respect:
-Strummer

Robojase

Robojase
  • Members
  • 674 posts
I have a dream...

Both turntables fully functioning (just once) when I go in to do a vinyl-based show... :no:

Sorry about the technical difficulties... Playlist this arvo.
-Strummer

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
I have a nightmare bout both turntables not working when going in to do a vinyl-based show & being left with some random scratched CD's from mi car...

Robojase

Robojase
  • Members
  • 674 posts

I have a nightmare bout both turntables not working when going in to do a vinyl-based show & being left with some random scratched CD's from mi car...

Dayv...

Yes I :yes:

This Week... Yes, tomorrow morning...

Strrrrricktlee positive music... I have had one of the shittiest stretches of time over the last couple of weeks... So tune in and listen to killer tracks off mi favourite LP box sets, comps, sevens, and as much as I hate to admit it..CD's :ill:

in, call up (9816 29 38), request, and help mek Robojase a happy man once again :bbox: :phones: :bbox: ...

I think the week after I will be having either Glen from the SIGNALS in as guest selekta, or if I can get the bro outta bed at such early hours... MC SABOTAGE :lol:

I will post last and this weeks playlists tomorrow after 1pm!
-Strummer

Robojase

Robojase
  • Members
  • 674 posts
Desmond songs a plenty tomorruh! RIP
-Strummer

Robojase

Robojase
  • Members
  • 674 posts
BASSCULTURE THREAD BAAAACK IN ACTION!!!! :flag: :bbox: :flag:

Sorry... Busy and crazy... No other reason bredren!

Just let me tell yya this...

1-DYCR 7" showcase this morning!!! FYAH! :fire: Lottaa sevens spinnin!

2-No, I have not posted, but non Sydney people should know I am still burning the airwaves every week,,, keepin the rooots flag flying...

I have said it before, and it will be said again (probably not just by me) that I am scattered...

The Nattypunk Robojase!

PS: No nations... But Australia will win this morn... F%^K A DRAW!!!

Peace
-Strummer

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
Just a likkle note Robojase, it makes it so much easier (and makes you appear less scatered), if ya post each playlist in a sperate thread with the date in the tittle.
If ya miss one hear or there, it's all good cos "ya scattered" Keep pumping out them tunes tho!!!

Robojase

Robojase
  • Members
  • 674 posts
Haha... Thanks Dave B)

Everyone should just know that dem tunez still comin on strong as ever... I work in a library, so I guess I can't be too regi-mental in my radio postings... too much like my work life creeping into my real life hahah! :hpyno:

This week Glen from the Signals is DEFINATELY moped-ing it to the station and will be the guest Selecta! He has cool records :shotta:

Thanks to the rad people who call in when the show is transmitting... It makes me happy!

Also bigups in order for Chris Ital and the Ambassador for their help at 2RRR with flying the roots flag for LAWLESS STREET! Hi Prof :wave: From the Ninja Punk, as I am now being called by my sister Suicida :ph43r: Not too bad a title if I can say so!
-Strummer

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
:wink:
Madda dan...

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
yo jase dont 4get those dycr 7"s i've got 4 u!
Madda dan...

Robojase

Robojase
  • Members
  • 674 posts
BASSCULTURE FRIDAY 28TH JULY

This week the show will start ONE HOUR EARLY! (7am-10am)...

One extra hour of monster tunes for your ears to wake you up from mundane jobs(me), or keep those with good jobs happy(my gal).

Will be playing a decent amount of Clan Analogue tunes to get people wired for Friday night at Hermanns with Windup Toys and the rest of the mob! :bomb: Will be a killer night! :thumbs:

I will also be playing a bit of 70's Deejay, 2-Tone, Clash anthems, The first 7" by the Police (when they were a REAL Punk band... Not new-age boho turtleneckerz), and mebbe some big Dub tracks from di past (Upsetter, Tubbys), Present (Mad Prof) and the FUTURE (ha Iration Steppas). Some Dancehall, early Punk/Postpunk and rocksteady classix too!

7AM! Shit... I gotta wake up early... So please congratulate me by listening in (or maybe even calling di station 98162988).

Sorry about my not picking up the sevens yet L-Static... :hpyno:

The NinjaPunk :ph43r:
-Strummer

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts

Just a likkle note Robojase, it makes it so much easier (and makes you appear less scatered), if ya post each playlist in a sperate thread with the date in the tittle.

:bomb:
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...