Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rocklea Revival - Reggae In The Park (Brisbane)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Champion Sound

Champion Sound
  • Members
  • 48 posts
Posted Image

FREE ENTRY! - MUSIC - STALLS - FOOD & DRINK - ACTIVITIES - CHILDREN'S PLAYGROUND

Champion Sound and the residents of Rocklea are proud to bring you this event in celebration of human spirit and resilience. In January 2011 floods, Rocklea was among the hardest-hit suburbs. Many lost everything they had. Many weren't insured and, of those that were, many were refused a payout. Nearly 18 months on, the work and sheer effort the residents have put into rebuilding their homes is evident. A large number of people have returned to their homes and Rocklea is slowly returning to life.

This event is to show support to those effected, respect to those who supported, and love to the people of Rocklea and all flood-effected regions.

Family-friendly and FREE, this event will be held at Kookaburra Park in Rocklea (a 2 minute walk from Salisbury or Rocklea train stations) from 12 noon until late. Featuring a stellar line-up of Brisbane DJs and performers, expect fun-filled reggae vibes from start to finish.

There will also be a number of stalls selling clothing, food and drink and more, plus activities and a children's playground.

More details to be announced as we get closer to the date, but make sure this one is locked in your diaries!
YOUTH COMMUNITY CULTURE

<a href='http://www.championsound.com.au' target='_blank'>www.championsound.com.au</a>
facebook.com/ChampionSound

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
Soundsystem ina da area !!! Boom!! :thumbs:

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts
jerk chicken :)
josHUA

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
:fire:

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

Champion Sound

Champion Sound
  • Members
  • 48 posts
Full line up:

Champion Sound - Community-orientated, roots reggae sound, owners of Queensland's only custom-built, heavyweight reggae soundsystem.

Joel Turner - (World beatboxing champion 2005 – 2009), who achieved a number one chart hit as Joel Turner and the Modern Day Poets with “These Kids”.

King Krazi - Reggae & Dancehall selector well known throughout Australia for delivering awesome, engaging sets whether playing a heavy roots set laden with conscious reggae or a high-energy dancehall set keeping people moving all night.

Boss Sounds - Brisbane-based DJs playing the very best in Ska, Bluebeat, Trojan Reggae, Soul & Sugar Oi!

The legendar DJ Lee - Brisbane's finest reggae and african music DJ

Toothy the Swede - aka Bo Selector is one of the most knowledgable reggae DJs in Australia. With a deep box of vinyl he's guaranteed to have something to please everyone.

Also special guest appearances from comedian Aaron Gocs and a special-request dub set from Rhythm Collision / The Yard's Basmati Kassar.

+ bring your dancing shoes and get moving to the grooves of the LIVE Samba band performing during the day.

Activities on the day include a visit from some of the Australian Ultimate Frisbee team, to show us some tricks and play a few games; and a free drumming workshop and performances running throughout the day.

Get your belly full from the Jamaican food stall, hot organic coffee from the cart, cold soft drinks and festival favourites from the other stalls.

Stalls on the day include African clothing and jewellery, and a Reiki / massage tent.

Kookaburra park is equipped with a great playground for the kids, and all of this is free, so don't think twice, come and feel nice!
YOUTH COMMUNITY CULTURE

<a href='http://www.championsound.com.au' target='_blank'>www.championsound.com.au</a>
facebook.com/ChampionSound

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts
looking fwd to this, bring the kids, and early this time, because the jerk chicken goes fast
josHUA

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
10 days to go to this one! Getting excited fi real.

Hua, I have it on good authority there will be plenty chicken available! See you there.

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
3 days to go, looking nice!

https://www.facebook...62361700556257/

darky roots

darky roots
  • Members
  • 48 posts
tomorrow , taking the kids look fwd to it

topdog

topdog
  • Members
  • 234 posts
the heavens opened up but rocklea revival went ahead, theres no stopping champion sound!

we parked our car a few streets away and could feel the basslines as we walked to the park. the grass was wet but spirits were high for this big event. great to see families out, people of all ages enjoying reggae and the community spirit.

big respect to john, chris, schleke, basmati and all the crew who made it happen. hope to see more events like this in the future!

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
Yes Champion Sound - number one for reggae music soundsystem and culture ina Brisbane

Great day !!!

darky roots

darky roots
  • Members
  • 48 posts
great event Champion sound, kid's had a ball, great variety of entertainment too, I though that comedian was great

The Upsteppers

The Upsteppers
  • Members
  • 119 posts
I was only there briefly, but it was great to witness the show go on regardless of the wall of water coming down. Good work fellas

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts
http://www.reverbnat...s/artist_857406
josHUA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users