Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Byron Bay Reggaefest Dec 4 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts

me an me bredrin will be comming - static - hope to catch up for some reasonings or something mind altering - hope the sound equipment is decent - heavy bass crisp treble style - no dibby dibby mid range rock guitar business!

pity ... was wanting to see the hunta man - lets hope midnite and turbulence dont suddenly find themselves with better things to do ...

remember was in JA a long time ago and really looking foward to a Johnnie Osbourne show which turned into a no show

Nah don't worry Midnite's here, me and vaughn were at the normanby yesterday getting on it...
josHUA

El Rocker

El Rocker

***Strictly Rockers***

• Members
  • 851 posts

Bring your coin purse Static... we deya! :bike:

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
wicked clip ER, I've never seen this one before... that's amazing, vintage Midnite footage!

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Man nah travel wid coin purse or any purse El Rocker....

Madda dan...

Blaze Fire

Blaze Fire
  • Members
  • 31 posts
Midnite have landed at Brisbane airport & are onway to Byron Bay for their 2 shows this weekend.

• Fri Dec 3 with Kingfisha at The Brewery
  • Sat Dec 4 at Byron bay Reggaefest

Gonna be MADD!

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
Leaving to drive down in abut an hour...big weekend coming!

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
wish I was gonna be there with y'all tonight, but so it goes... fulljoy!!

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Mi reach inna de festival jus before 5, fly in at 2:30 but first put down mi tings at mi friends then rope een...
Madda dan...

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
Today or tomorrow Static?

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Tomorrow, tonight got The Strides gig at The Basement. Sunday morn mi fly out....
Madda dan...

Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard
  • Members
  • 1,035 posts
Krazy AAAAAAHHHH.. Bring ya cane!!! mi jus bumbo hole fuck up mi back one time bad! :elder:

Dub Club Melbourne.

Dub Club Melbourne.
  • Members
  • 392 posts
Large up for gettin this together.

Have fun, I'm sure you will.
'Outernational'

ROOTSIFYA

ROOTSIFYA
  • Members
  • 202 posts
Was MADDDDDDD....big ups Raz, Krazy and all the good people involved in making this happen :flame:

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts
nice one reggaefest!

great genuine "reggae festival"

Mista Savona was great
Dubwize sound feat. silva emcee was a pleasant surprise
Lion I were nice, great to see Midnite watching them,

was niced to see so many ozreggae peeps all in one place, everyone seemed to be having a good time,

the static times of stages was genius,

All round big ups!
josHUA

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Big success!
Well done Raz and all involved. What a way to debut.

:bigup:

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
It did ah gwaan pon top of wha gwaan... :)
Madda dan...

ROOTSIFYA

ROOTSIFYA
  • Members
  • 202 posts
Static I never saw ya there! Heard you were abusing random people though, good to hear you were in top form!! :wink:

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
okay, in the time-honoured ozreggae tradition, let me now ask (after the event)... who recorded the audio of Midnite's performances?

I want to hear this audio more than any other event which has ever happened in this country! :)

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Bredren it was a medley at like minus five. Dem present a point of difference as a band fe real in the entire history of reggae and do not sound like any other reggae band. Closest thing they sound to is The Wailers an de way dem did sound at de infamous peace concert IMO, but even then...
Apparently the three hour set on the previous night was more varied an up tempo.
Mi did learn something about my own feelings an perceptions on reggae by watching dem though. Firstly mi did enjoy dem but it did start to bore me. It's very cerebral reggae and wat mi did learn is mi predominantly like music dat one can play on sound system and IMO Midnite is generally not sintin to play on sound. Mi rate dem most definitely and Vaughns lyrics are confronting and have great depth. At de performance though mi did have some problems deciphering his lyrics as im did a mumble a likkle.
De first time mi ever did hear Midnite was on A Wildchild mix cd as de last track in like late '02. Well mi did ask around Ja. (for a dub, cah de point of diffence was refreshing) who dis was an nobody knew. Mi imagine it's much de same today... :lol:

Have to really big up Jesse I, Ranking, Crucial etc. who in my mind did really pioneer Midnite business from dem times and went to St. Croix....

Jake yu band was hot like fire and Vida was hotter than sun did gwaan good.

Huas voice IMO has improved and is finding more depth an it is a real pleasure to listen to his talent...
Big to everyone mi did laff an reason wid, an off course all singers an players of instruments. :respect:
Madda dan...

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts

Bredren it was a medley at like minus five. Dem present a point of difference as a band fe real in the entire history of reggae and do not sound like any other reggae band. Closest thing they sound to is The Wailers an de way dem did sound at de infamous peace concert IMO, but even then...
Apparently the three hour set on the previous night was more varied an up tempo.
Mi did learn something about my own feelings an perceptions on reggae by watching dem though. Firstly mi did enjoy dem but it did start to bore me. It's very cerebral reggae and wat mi did learn is mi predominantly like music dat one can play on sound system and IMO Midnite is generally not sintin to play on sound. Mi rate dem most definitely and Vaughns lyrics are confronting and have great depth. At de performance though mi did have some problems deciphering his lyrics as im did a mumble a likkle.
De first time mi ever did hear Midnite was on A Wildchild mix cd as de last track in like late '02. Well mi did ask around Ja. (for a dub, cah de point of diffence was refreshing) who dis was an nobody knew. Mi imagine it's much de same today... :lol:

Have to really big up Jesse I, Ranking, Crucial etc. who in my mind did really pioneer Midnite business from dem times and went to St. Croix....

yes iyah, zeet deh back in 2003...

Posted Image

thanks for the feedback. I've heard a lot of people say they find Midnite boring, but I think it comes down to expectations. If people are expecting a jump-up hype show, better they go see Anthony B or someone else, cause Midnite aren't that kind of act. Static, you put it well when you call it cerebral reggae, that's kinda how I see it too.

I like that you say they don't sound like any other reggae band too. when I first started hearing about them in 2001, 2002, a lot of people said they found them too derivative of the 70s dread bands like Twinkle Brothers. I never really felt that - sure the riddims can be deep roots and very dread, but it's different still, and very original to my ears.

Ises