Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some Sydney Radio for Reggae

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Prince Andrew

Prince Andrew
  • Members
  • 976 posts
This ones for the Sydney people dem. Going to start with one first and add others later on.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE every Friday night on Koori Radio 7pm till 10pm on 93.7 FM with Sister Agnus at the control, 02 9564 5979 is the No. for shout outs and dedications.

The show consists of classic lovers tunes from the likes of Gregory Isaacs, Beres Hammond, Dennis Brown, Bob Marley, Lloyd Brown, Marcia Griffiths etc plus cool easy Roots. Show plays old and new tunes in that Lovers and easy Roots style and is well presented and a good vibe for your Friday night start to the weekend.

Other shows to come.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you and then you win!

Prince Andrew

Prince Andrew
  • Members
  • 976 posts
OK next show for Reggae in Sydney

SHADES OF BLACK with Papa George Saturday nights on Radio Skid Row 88.9FM from 9pm till midnight.

Mixing up old and new Reggae, Roots and Dancehall. Presented in fine style by original Yard man Papa G.

Kingsway

Kingsway
  • Members
  • 136 posts
Ups to Prince Andrew & Sista Agnes - keeping the radio waves warm n sufable inna Sydney yard...

More reggae vibes on Bondi 88 FM - www.bondifm.com.au

Check DubActiv8 10pm-12pm Tuesday nights
Rumpus Room 10pm-12pm Wednesday nights w/ DJ Grapple
+ new Saturday night selections from 8pm-12 w/ Ali Omar & Anti-DJ Crew...

If u cant get to the beach - live audio stream 24/7 thru www.bondifm.com.au

Big ups to Chant Down Crew fe de 'forum of reasoning'

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Wikkid! Can we non-sydney residents listen to your shows on line via live-streaming? If so, what are the web addresses?

(Yoni Ranking started this forum by the way!)

Itations :flag:

Kingsway

Kingsway
  • Members
  • 136 posts
Greetings and Itations sista...
& Big ups to Yoni then - maximum respect!

Streaming 24/7 - many of the other shows mix in the roots styles as well. On air right now until 2pm The Overhead Selecta playing ragge/ska/roots/soul. Go to this page and cick on windows or mac for WMP streaming...

http://www.bondifm.c...ound_stream.php

Prince Andrew

Prince Andrew
  • Members
  • 976 posts
Kingsway I love your graphic on your post, looks wickid!

Prince Andrew

Prince Andrew
  • Members
  • 976 posts
LAWLESS STREET
Thurs 4pm to 6pm Presented by the Professor on 2RRR 88.5 FM

The finest in Reggae, Ska and Dub. :phones:

Kingsway

Kingsway
  • Members
  • 136 posts
Thanx mate - plenty more where they came from.. :ras: - Big ups to Craig and the Lawless crew - they still doing mornings?

professor

professor
  • Members
  • 920 posts
No Longer Wednesday Mornings for the Lawless Street, now ensconced in the far more roots-friendly hours of 4-6pm on Thursdays.
Remember! That's 2RRR 88.5fm on Thursday, at 4pm, for the finest in Reggae, Ska and Dub.

Big up to all the listeners on board!
LAWLESS STREET - 2RRR 88.5FM [SYDNEY] Thursdays 4 - 6pm

Grapple

Grapple
  • Members
  • 3,057 posts
When I moved over here from Auckland nearly 6 years ago a lot of my friends warned me that I wouldn't like Australia because their was no love for the Reggae over here.

My first morning here I woke up - switched on the radio and first station I land on is THE PROFESSOR rocking a LEE ' SCRATCH' PERRY special - haha - I knew I'd be able to sniff out a reggae scene over here - but I didn't know it was gonna be that easy !

BIG UPS the PROFESSOR and all RADIO JOCKS - doing it for the love - I think we all do it because we remember those crusty old reggae tapes we made off the radio when we were kids that got thrashed - and dubbed for mates - and played until they snapped.

ps Mr Lawless - long time no see - let's hook up for beer and a 7's mash up sometime ??

professor

professor
  • Members
  • 920 posts
From the previous millennium no less! Lawless Street always hit the target, Mr Grapple. Do you want to drop in sometime on a Thursday? or maybe I could drop in on yours at Bondi FM some time.
LAWLESS STREET - 2RRR 88.5FM [SYDNEY] Thursdays 4 - 6pm

isrealdread

isrealdread
  • Members
  • 165 posts
Check www.bondifm.com.au tuesdays from 10pm-12pm for the dubactivate show w/Joe Black and guest dj's playing only the haaardest tunes fi di massive !
www.facebook.com/joeblacksmusic
www.myspace.com/joeblacksmusic
www.hypersonicrecords.com.au

WHO JAH BLESS NO MAN CURSE

Mikey Glamour

Mikey Glamour

Brown $tick of Dynamite

• Members
  • 9,101 posts
Good to see so many shows back on sydney air waves, i remember back in mid 90s nuff shows did deh bout but it did seem to die off for a while. To all the people what doing radio works keep up the works cah it needed fe real!!!!
NAME - MIKEY GLAMOUR
ALIAS - BROWN $TICK OF DYNAMITE
AGE - NONE OF YAH BLOODCLAAT BIZNIZ
OCCUPATION - INTIMATE SERVICE PROVIDER/MINISTER FOR ARGUMENT AND REASONING
PLACE OF WORK - SELF EMPLOYED SPERM BANK - GYAL COME GET AH LOAN
POSITION - LIZARD LAP/FOOT PON SHOULDER
CURRENT LOCATION - INNA YU GYAL/UP IN THE HILLS AH HOLD AH MEDITATION
CITY - GUN SMOKE/GANGSTA TOWN/SYN CITY
COUNTRY - CONVICT COUNTRY
ROLE MODELS - KING SOLOMAN/MIKE TYSON
HOBBIES - "IS ALL ABOUT DI JOY"
DIS LIKES - GYAL WHE TOO STOOSH
FAVOURITE WEBSITE - user posted imageDONT BE NOSEY

FI MI FACE BOOK LINK
MY SPACE LINK FI DI GLAMMS
Hortense Phillipa Waisome aka "Mum" 15.7.52 - 20.3.05 For ever missed but never forgotten