Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FAT FREDDY'S DROP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Lucky Luc

Lucky Luc

FREAKYLOU

• Members
  • 89 posts
YEAH MON...

DE RUMOUR IS TRUE

PHAT FREDDY'S DROP PLAYS THE BEACH HOTEL

WEDNESDAY 26TH OCTOBER

FROM 9PM

TASTY!!!

the shadefoot

the shadefoot
  • Members
  • 1,559 posts
skank be the rock in my life..........
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act!" - George Orwell

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
Dis gig be free I tells ya. FREE!!!
Get there early cos the whole of Byron be talkin bout this one, from all walks of life.

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
Yes - I this will be huge.. had another listen to 'based on a true story ' last night... found i still really dont like much of it still although there are some amazing musical sections.. im a huge fan of trinity roots so it shouldent be the vocals that is wrecking it for me.. i dunnnoooo just how i feel i spose.

anyway as ive said before.. i recomend the incredible 'live at the matterhorn' 10 / 10 !!!! ripper, so i hope they play well.. i cant wait anyway. :fire:
Huck is always on the raft.

No time to mess with Greed, Got some fine plants to seed...

the shadefoot

the shadefoot
  • Members
  • 1,559 posts

im a huge fan of trinity roots so it shouldent be the vocals that is wrecking it for me..

different singers cuz, the saxophonist and fluatist in FFD is the singer in trinity roots.....

see ya there man!!...........I won't be getting there until about 8 so save me a spot........
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act!" - George Orwell

Infra-Dread

Infra-Dread
  • Members
  • 1,940 posts
is this in byron???
and is this tonight???
September Mix - Yes Boss

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
Yes Iyah See you all there .......

GET THERE EARLY !!!!!!

there will be huge lines later on..... all of nnsw is turning out for this !!

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: great to see the reggae pulling the huge crowds!!!

ImanDan

ImanDan
  • Members
  • 168 posts
:bashment:
Massive
half of nimbin will be there for this one dread.
I'll roll wi up one 5 paper trumpet call for wi all.
:joint: :grin:

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
Excellent !!! Nuff Rastas in the Beachie for once !!!

might squeeze out some of dem footy freaks

big party tonight !!!!! OZreggae Bredren Unite !!!!!

links ups are always very special

if anyone needs a place to stay the chilli buckets will be toasting at my house.
Just ask ! :wink:

Grapple

Grapple
  • Members
  • 3,057 posts

Excellent !!! Nuff Rastas in the Beachie for once !!!

might squeeze out some of dem footy freaks

big party tonight !!!!! OZreggae Bredren Unite !!!!!

links ups are always very special

if anyone needs a place to stay the chilli buckets will be toasting at my house.
Just ask ! :wink:

Doh! ...glad i read to bottom of the page - thought you meant beach rd hotel bondi - was about to start calling the crew

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
Big Ups Fat Freddys,
Awesome show at the Beachy ina Byron. The place was packed, the faces were all smiles :grin: , the reggae famnily represented in vast numbers, Nimbin crew :ras: . This nite had the lot!!!! (floor was a bit cramped for space at times but hey....)

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
the band was great, what can i say... I was blown away.. those songs in their extended format suits WAY better than the cd versions, they ruled the show - the horns were sooooo tight and the singer showed us all how to sing islander styles of choice maaattteee..... the lack of a bass player and drum kit was surprising, and i missed it, but it was fantastic anyway the guy handling the electronic side of things kicked it.

yeah so full on busy ... every head ive ever met in Byron was there, including every beautiful girl ive ever wanted to talk too LOL.and every circus freak feral mutant too .. was crazy... all the ozreggae forum heads were linked up although no one made it to coolsie la la land like me listening to slut funk n stuff.. :ill: . errrr big ups to shadfoot, ras de marco and imandan - all in wonderful vibes and great to see the nimbin crew representing.

in all , just great great to see a full full house all mashing it up to the slow dub , and wonderful tunes. :fire: just awesome really... sniff

the shadefoot

the shadefoot
  • Members
  • 1,559 posts

the lack of a bass player and drum kit was surprising, and i missed it, but it was fantastic anyway the guy handling the electronic side of things kicked it.

yeah, I've toyed with the idea of not having a drummer, but i think it is too much energy to miss out on.............they always perform in that line-up, they never have live bass and drums at shows as far i've heard or seen........but the BIG (very big) man is an MPC genius fi real..........

it was so good, i am still reeling........I just needed more room to dance.....

i have seen them 4 times in last 18mths and there are always new parts and arrangements and whole new sections, sometimes you forget what song they started playing.................

heavy grooves and the most lush melodies and harmonies etc. etc. tuff and very beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big up yaself Huck, damn i missed those chilli buckets, but i will come down for a whole weekend soon and will definitley take you up on that offer.............

SKANK BE THE ROCK IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........

ImanDan

ImanDan
  • Members
  • 168 posts
:king:
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I !!!
King size reggae show aGwan in byron lastnight...
Fat Freddy Stylie, Droppin killer riddem an skankin massive!!!!!
good too see all the Idren gathered together and shining bright!
wall to wall groovers'n'BASS..........
who dat agwaan play soch heavy riddem on de Bass & Drum like dat den eh?
Inspirational gig true, but I too prefer mi sounds manned not canned.
Nuff respect fi tha byron reggae myster's & good to see the shade foot in yard.
:joint: :grin:
big BIG BIG up!!!!!!!!
:flag:

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  I !!!                                                                                                                                                                                                         

That has to be one of the biggest Yes I's I ever did see. As all have said it be truley desreved.

the shadefoot

the shadefoot
  • Members
  • 1,559 posts

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  I !!!                                                                                                                                                                                                         

That has to be one of the biggest Yes I's I ever did see. As all have said it be truley desreved.

:lol:

RESPECT DAN!!!

have to make sure i meet ya next time dayv!

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts

have to make sure i meet ya next time dayv!

Yes Shadefoot,
I was standing next to Huckleberry ina street as you were leaving. Next time tho, soon come!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: