Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Groundation Australian Tour 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

ImanDan

ImanDan
  • Members
  • 168 posts
Posted Image

GROUNDATION’S FIRST-EVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR
California’s renowned roots reggae band Groundation
will be touring Australia for the first time ever

in October & November 2010.
Limited number of East Coast shows only.

Considered as one of the best groups in the
current international reggae scene, Groundation is touring their highly acclaimed sixth album, Here I Am.

Kicking off with a headline slot at this year’s Island Vibe Festival on Queensland’s Stradbroke Island, the
band will play a handful of special East Coast shows before wrapping up their first Australian tour with a
showcase spot at the 2010 Australasian World Music Expo in Melbourne.
Band leader Harrison Stafford says the band is excited about their foray onto Australian shores.

“Whenever we get the opportunity to travel and see new places and meet new people, to exchange
culture and learn more about our world, we grow as people and musicians,” he says. “Groundation
travels across Europe, the Middle East, America, South America, the Caribbean, year after year after year,
and yet we have never had the privilege to come here to the Australian continent until now. I myself am
excited for these concerts, as all these people will be experiencing Groundation for the first time
together. It is going to be very powerful; the energy, the vibes extremely potent. We are improvisors and
musical warriors. Each show will feature different songs off different albums making every night
important, every night special.”

Saying that Groundation is a reggae band is merely scratching the surface; the band’s sound is an organic
fusion of classic roots reggae, heavy funk/jazz fusion, and transcendental dub. Their live shows are
synonymous with high-energy positive communal vibrations, combining the message and determination
of the best reggae music has to offer with perpetually fresh jazz-inspired improvisation.

Already Groundation’s album, Here I Am, is garnering them critical acclaim. National Critics and
Independent Press have responded, calling Groundation ‘Champions of the true sound’. LA’s Sound
Spectrum states ‘The lyrics cry to our generation just as Bob Marley did in his … their future in the world
of reggae music is groundbreaking.’

From the band’s debut release in 1999, they’ve been carving their own route and earning themselves a
stellar following among music lovers and their contemporaries. Since their foray into the professional
music spectrum over a decade ago, Groundation has shared the stage with legendary acts such as Don
Carlos and Pablo Moses, and has recorded with artists such as Apple Gabriel, Don Carlos, The Congos and
Marcia Higgs.

Harrison encourages reggae fans and all music lovers to make sure they catch the band’s gigs during their
whirlwind Australian tour. “We are not like any other band on the road, we are Groundation, and we are
going to be there with the Australian people to experience a rare and beautiful moment of music
together…right on!” he says.

:lighta3:

ImanDan

ImanDan
  • Members
  • 168 posts
Groundation in Nimbin
Nov 4th,
:leaf2: At the Nimbin Bush Theatre :leaf2:
I wonder who the Selector will be??? :boomspeaker: :bashment: :boomspeaker:
A Chronic Reggae Party fi real :joint::grin:
:fiya:

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
Greetings Reggae Massive,

This November sees original nine-piece U.S. reggae band, Groundation reach Australian shores for the first time as part of their ‘Here I Am’ world tour.

We have 2 single passes to give away to each show around the country. To win, email us at info (at) ozreggae.com with your details. You must be an OzReggae member to enter the competition.

Please see below which town is closest to you.

Good luck to everyone !

Tour dates are :

Thurs 4 Nov: NIMBIN BUSH THEATRE, NSW
Fri 5 Nov: BYRON BAY BEACH HOTEL, Byron Bay NSW
Sat 6 Nov: THE HI FI, Brisbane, QLD
Sun 7 Nov: CLUB ENVY, Maroochydore, QLD
Mon 8 Nov: THE BASEMENT, Sydney, NSW
Fri 19 Nov: BARWON HEADS HOTEL, Barwon Heads, VIC
Sat 20 NOV: HI FI MELBOURNE – Expo showcase
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...