Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

what happened to heartical?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Sensi Systa

Sensi Systa
  • Members
  • 284 posts
what happened to heartical this week?
i turned on the radio at 9.55pm in readiness only to discover it started 2 hours earlier! did everyone else know about the earlier timeslot?
i'd been looking forward to it all week. :(

did anyone happen to record the show?
War is ugly, but love is lovely...

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
yeah, I just tried tuning in now, hmm ... :dunno:
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

Sensi Systa

Sensi Systa
  • Members
  • 284 posts
i rang up and they said there was a grid change.

but things should be back to normal next week - 10 to midnight.

my favorite show! i missed it! can't believe it. :cross:
at least now its only 3 days to scratch. something to look forward to! :dance1:

Sensi Systa

Sensi Systa
  • Members
  • 284 posts
well i found out the story - the show was only on the 10-12 slot for 2 weeks.
now the 8-10pm slot is the new permanent time.
i guess it's a better time- don't have to stay up so late for your dub hit.

oh yeah - uptight'll be doing a live broadcast from high vibes festival in high st, northcote on the 25th of this month. i think systa bb is as well. it should be a great afternoon of good food, good music and high vibes! :ites:

if anyone has a recording of today's heartical, i would be eternally grateful to be able to hear it before the show on wednesday.

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Well Im glad they gave Uptight a better time slot - he definately deserves it.

Sensi Systa - I'll ask Uptight for a copy of his show for you (but I doubt I'll get it before Wednesday)

Sensi Systa

Sensi Systa
  • Members
  • 284 posts
thanks sista! :thumbs:

yeah, it is a much better slot - i don't think derek could have kept that time up for too long with those nasty early starts he does... 5am is an inhumane time to start work! :zzz:
unless you're a bird of course. :ites:

Prince Andrew

Prince Andrew
  • Members
  • 976 posts
What kind of Reggae tracks does Hearticle fling down. Is this the same man with the sound system from the newspaper article?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you and then you win!

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Sure is Prince. Heartical Hi-Fi run by the man Uptight. His sound system makes its debut tonight at the Lee Perry show.

Uptight focuses more on the UK sound style of reggae - from heavy UK dub to Steppas and vintage roots (but he does vary, so this is just a typical Uptight sound). As for Heartical Hi-Fi, he's pretty keen to keep it diverse. He plans to have a broad spectrum of reggae selectas play on the system, thus keeping the genres diverse and not limited to one style...

He's been working very hard om this system, and this summer will see it's full release upon the Melbourne massive. I can tell younow - it not only looks impressive, but its sound will literally blow you away. I hope every one gets behind it and supports it.

megami warrior

megami warrior
  • Members
  • 492 posts
sounds nice man- heartical hi fi sound system....
here's hopin that i makes mi ears bleed :alarm:

Prince Andrew

Prince Andrew
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Sure is Prince. Heartical Hi-Fi run by the man Uptight. His sound system makes its debut tonight at the Lee Perry show.

Uptight focuses more on the UK sound style of reggae - from heavy UK dub to Steppas and vintage roots (but he does vary, so this is just a typical Uptight sound). As for Heartical Hi-Fi, he's pretty keen to keep it diverse. He plans to have a broad spectrum of reggae selectas play on the system, thus keeping the genres diverse and not limited to one style...

He's been working very hard om this system, and this summer will see it's full release upon the Melbourne massive. I can tell younow -  it not only looks impressive, but its sound will literally blow you away. I hope every one gets behind it and supports it.

Thanks for that Megami Warrior, I thought that might be his style. Should be good when he gets the system together. As he said in the article the pre amp is one of the keys to getting a Reggae sound system together. Have fun tonight.

dangerous

dangerous
  • Culture Don
  • 3,773 posts
heh, my fav is the annhililator from Jah Tubbys :)

Posted Image

paired up with one of these and you have a pretty powerful set up :D

Posted Image
Bass is maternal, when it's loud I feel safer

Prince Andrew

Prince Andrew
  • Members
  • 976 posts
I was wondering if someone was going to put one of those up. Hope to have one of those one day but you really have to know how to use it as well. It's not like on your DJ mixer when you have 3 knobs fro tops mids and bass, these have about 3 or 4 for each but that is what makes Reggae what it really is or gives it the sound that defines itself. :bbox: :bbox:

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Thats pretty much what Uptights pre amp looks like... he had it custom made at Jah Tubby's last year.

By the way Prince - you seem to be mixing me an Megami up quite a bit of late. I think that's the third time now :blink: :bag: :wink:

Prince Andrew

Prince Andrew
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Thats pretty much what Uptights pre amp looks like... he had it custom made at Jah Tubby's last year.

By the way Prince - you seem to be mixing me an Megami up quite a bit of late. I think that's the third time now  :blink:  :bag:  :wink:

Ooh sorry about that, but I just noticed you two seem to almost post next to each other so that is maybe why I made the mistake. Your not one of the others shadow are you? :wave: