Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

STRANGER COLE w/ King Tide & Firehouse

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

nardo

nardo
  • Members
  • 1,499 posts
Posted Image

Stranger Cole is a foundation Jamaican singer who made his name in the early 1960s when Jamaica found its first musical identity: ska. He recorded for just about every prominent reggae producer on the island - including Coxsone Dodd at Studio One, Lee Perry, Bunny Lee, Duke Reid and Joe Gibbs - having hits in the ska, rocksteady then reggae eras. He was particularly known for his duets, with artists like Ken Boothe, Gladstone Anderson and, of course, Patsy, with whom he cut so many strong and beautiful tunes.

Stranger Cole graced our shores last year and gave a truly electric and energetic performance. All fans of black music - especially Caribbean music music - must not miss out! Come witness how an original Jamaican vocalist sounds and performs in all its rawness and honesty.

Stranger Cole will be supported by local legends King Tide who bring a full 9-piece band with horn section to the stage at The Basement. And between sets, enjoy vintage Jamaican music played on 33 and 45 by Sydney’s own Firehouse crew.

Tix $40+b.f. from moshtix.com.au http://www.moshtix.c...t.aspx?id=44477
or phone The Basement 9251-2797

Link on FB http://www.facebook....178890425483105
<a href='http://www.firecorner.com' target='_blank'>firecorner.com</a>

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts
http://soundcloud.co.../these-eyes-m-1

King Tide perform the Stranger Cole track These Eyes [CryingOver You] Last Satdeeat The Beach rd Hotel via "The Sticky Fingers" Mobile ob van :leaf2:

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts
I just hafe stop by here an mention, I think King tide are bloody excellent!

big up tony
josHUA

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

I just hafe stop by here an mention, I think King tide are bloody excellent!

big up tony

Thanks Hua.I love your guys guts as well.Big respect to the best vocal group in the country.

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
A whoa bandbromance ah gwaan inna de promotion... :o
Madda dan...

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Well get on it then.Psst,I know this chick called Sandra or sumthin.She's really switched on with the internet and stuff.

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Well get on it then.Psst,I know this chick called Sandra or sumthin.She's really switched on with the internet and stuff.

I forgot my little mate :leaf2:

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

I forgot my little mate :leaf2:

Hey Stats,seeing as tix are selling fast. Shouldn't you be telling people to buy tix for this show ?

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Back to work you.If you spent as much time thinking up your witty remarks for Grapple as you did for this gig we would have it sold out by now instead of only half the tix gone.Naughty ,naughty,naughty.I'll have to get Latisha :ohyeah: when she's finished dancing to spank your pimply likkle bottom

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts
This is a great interview with Stranger Cole

professor

professor
  • Members
  • 920 posts
Got my tickets - coming down from the Bush for the night. Can't wait.
LAWLESS STREET - 2RRR 88.5FM [SYDNEY] Thursdays 4 - 6pm

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Got my tickets - coming down from the Bush for the night. Can't wait.

Hello Prof we just walked out of Sound Level after our string up with Stranger and the tunes are sounding righteously so.See you tomorrow my friend with that fat sound that comes from Stranger Cole fronting King Tide down in the Basement below.

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts
Fire House! Stats and Nardo delivered.

professor

professor
  • Members
  • 920 posts

LAWLESS STREET - 2RRR 88.5FM [SYDNEY] Thursdays 4 - 6pm

DollaMix

DollaMix