Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

This Is Soundsystem (Brisbane)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Champion Sound

Champion Sound
  • Members
  • 48 posts
Posted Image

Champion Sound are back at BEMAC on Saturday, October 3rd to bring you a night of roots reggae and culture in true sound system style.

With ever-growing, high-rise stacks of custom built speakers driven by 10kW of power and backed by custom EQ and effects units, Champion Sound System is Queensland's premier heavyweight sound system.

With operator Chris Jay (Champion Sound/Dubwise Productions) at the controls alongside the full Champion Sound crew plus special guests, this will be another unforgettable night of serious roots reggae music. A must for reggae enthusiasts and those new to the scene...and if you're wondering what the hell 'true sound system style' even means, this event is definitely for you!

The Brisbane Multicultural Arts Centre (BEMAC) has been a Brisbane institution for over 20 years, advocating and working to establish cultural diversity through the arts. BEMAC offers arts and community cultural development services to diverse artists, arts groups and communities.

Champion Sound is a youth engagement and community development organisation based around the creative industries and Jamaican sound system culture. We provide a range of community and youth engagement programs, workshops and artist development strategies, as well as organising and performing at numerous events around Australia.

The event will be hosted by Champion Sound System, featuring local artists, and will be held at:

Brisbane Multicultural Arts Centre (BEMAC)
Yungaba, 120 Main Street, Kangaroo Point (under the Story Bridge)

With monthly sessions held on the first Saturday of every month.

$10 on the door, $4 beers all night

For more information about Champion Sound, please visit:
www.championsound.com.au
YOUTH COMMUNITY CULTURE

<a href='http://www.championsound.com.au' target='_blank'>www.championsound.com.au</a>
facebook.com/ChampionSound

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
I am there!!! :boomspeaker:

kinomans

kinomans
  • Members
  • 38 posts
:PullUp: :bigup: make a room for me...^^

John

John
  • Members
  • 12 posts
This one is gearing up to be a great event! The last session had a wicked vibe, with some tuff selections from Chris Jay, Lao Mirador, Dee Kay and DJ Wade, with some wicked performances and mic work from Ebony Rose, Dr Badfunk, Elephant Wise and Champion Sound's own Sunny Dread.

This month special guests include Gregwise, Hua and Jagarizzar, who will be dropping by to show you how they run things.

I have 3 x double passes to give away to the ozreggae massive. PM me or email info [at] championsound.com.au to get yours - first come first served!

Look forward to seeing you on October 3rd!

mizzem

mizzem
  • Members
  • 195 posts
WOO HOO lock it in! see everybod' there x

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
Bump!

Tomorrow night :alarm:

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

Gregwise

Gregwise
  • Members
  • 134 posts
Looking forward to this session. Strikly vinyl selektion!

Respect to you Dunchillin...

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
Not me star - a Champion Sound collective dance this! Respects to all the crew dem - Chris Jay, Lao Mirador, Paul Spearim, Dee Kay, Sunny Dread, Dan, Skinz, Nathan, Tamar, Andy...and nuff more who get involved in Champion Sound's works.

Look forward to catching up man, see you there!

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
BOOM!!!

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
:bigup: Champion Sound!!!! have a good one & I'll see ya next month!