Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rub A Dub Radio Off Air!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

Lennox Dread

Lennox Dread
  • Members
  • 318 posts
THANKS one and all fe the support,
and yes the station doesnt know what we bring,
there eclectic programing is so byron centric it is almost un listenable,
what a diff story it would be if we did a blues show ie, blues fest support,or funk

Prime Selector does a show on fri 10 till 12, has for more than 15 years
respect to him but he nah do what we do and will never have the selections
information and vibe we have, im not putting him down i just know that a radio station needs more than one reggae show,

we have been told we are only going to ever get a late night slot from now on,
i tell ya its a different vibe when your the last to play and you have to lock the station down, no one calls up and it seems like ya playing to your self, and your rgular listners well there not there anymore,

i did these slots a few years ago 12 til 2
and was fun to learn but ,.....its being shafted really the people who tune in are taxi drivers and shift workers,
the stations stream on the web has not worked for at least a year,
all of these factors
i dont see our show continuing after this six months,

there is slots being given to new presenters over the regular ones,
so inexperience is so called refreshing the sound of the station pity it makes for crap radio, and people get shafted!!

so funk and hip hop get prime spot and reggae gets late night rotation,
one word DANCEHALL, i think they dont wont it played at 6,
well we are living in this town that fights reggae and dancehall down, at every turn
techno,funk blues is the order of the day here no reggae town,forget what ya heard
reggae music dont sell beer!!!!!

we have an up hill battle, and hippy reggae nah help either,
when our radio nah support us on our mission, our focus will go on our sound system more, and the community that the radio represents is losing out,

also the laws regarding promo have changed, no promo of personal gigs,
no promo of quests unless they support the station,
and a five minute limit, if your 5 seconds over ya can cop a fine,
the gig guide will be ilegal if you say the name of the venue, if that venue doesnt suport the station, a mine field of red tape and bullshit,

sorry for the rant but have to tell it the way i man see it,
one love
BRAND NEW TUNES !!CHECK
http://www.myspace.com/lennoxdread

professor

professor
  • Members
  • 920 posts
That's why I love RRR - pretty much Lawless.
LAWLESS STREET - 2RRR 88.5FM [SYDNEY] Thursdays 4 - 6pm

professor

professor
  • Members
  • 920 posts
Tough luck fellas, keep your flag flying otherwise. The times I've heard your show have been pretty much the only time I've heard that station without cringing. Free up the airwaves, don't constrict them!
LAWLESS STREET - 2RRR 88.5FM [SYDNEY] Thursdays 4 - 6pm

Chris

Chris
  • Members
  • 1,785 posts
Yep - sounds like we are on a good wicket at 2RRR. Minimum of fuss.

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
Fuck Byron man, I keep tellin ya! Bogus Bay, that's what I'm a call it from now. My mate calls it Boring Bay.

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

flying fish

flying fish
  • Members
  • 590 posts
Reading about this has made me pretty angry, it sounds like a horrid radio station.

Grapple

Grapple
  • Members
  • 3,057 posts

there eclectic programing is so byron centric it is almost un listenable,

:yes:
word lennox......seems they think the only people listennig are baby boomer hippies

DollaMix

DollaMix
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Fuck Byron man, I keep tellin ya!  Bogus Bay, that's what I'm a call it from now.  My mate calls it Boring Bay.

lol

Whats going on Chilled One?
This isn't your first attack on little old Byron Bay on this website. Is it really as bad as you make out or did something bad happen to you while you were out here once?

Someone wise once said "To be bored of London is to be bored of life"
Well I didn't get bored of London so much as got tired of being broke and cold...

With this tangent I'm referring to the 'Boring Bay' comment. It's kind of what you make of a place - same as London - that makes it boring or exciting.

And there is LOTS to make of this little part of the world!

I've lived in alot of cool places round the world and I've gotta say that Byron's one of the most beautiful places ever. Theres a really diverse mix of people (not just the tourists you see down main street) and hey - lets face it - the surf pumps!

BORING? - I think thats subjective. Personally I find getting stoned on the livingroom couch all day a bit boring.

Thats just me though :wink:
MADANTZ INVASION

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts

BORING? - I think thats subjective. Personally I find getting stoned on the livingroom couch all day a bit boring.

Wha seh? I man working my batty off these days and every man gwaan be glad when it pay off!!

Anyway, it was my friend call it Boring. I call it Bogus.
Yeah, I'm no fan of Byron, I admit it, and the plethora of Yippies ina the area puts me off even more (but then they come under the heading of bogus too). Byron was a better place when I first went there 10 odd years ago, but even then you could tell the nobs were moving in, and its gone steadily downhill ever since.

True, life is what you make of it, and some people would call cold 'invigorating' and being broke 'character building' (I've been both many times!!), but for my two cents it's the people that make life. Nuff said.

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

DollaMix

DollaMix
  • Members
  • 515 posts
Ha ha - thought that might get you going :poke:
S'pose thats the last doob you'll ever pass my way though huh

I know what your trying to get at but basicaslly there's gonna be fuckwits where ever you go in this world. Trick is not to let em get to you.

Overall - I think the positives far outway the negatives when it comes to Byron Bay! :ites:

Anyway we duke it out this Sat at Boomshot if you want... :wink:
MADANTZ INVASION

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
:box:

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
Dammit, I was looking for that emoticon!

first you :alcoholic: & DollaMix :alcoholic:
then you :box: & DollaMix :box:

then Posted Image

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
Get over it Dunchillin !!! flame on you vegas boy.. :flame::wtf:
Huck is always on the raft.

No time to mess with Greed, Got some fine plants to seed...

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
I am over it...

...you're the doofus still living there!

Selecta Bing

Selecta Bing

LICK IT BACK SELECTA !!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Hey DAYV....... move up to Brisbane and take over THE YARD lol
selecta_bing

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
Nah, too much water restrictions, not enuff beaches & wikked waves & the roads i Brisbane go round in circles & mek I :daze:

Let me say this but Byron...

There is so much fucked up shit that gwaan round here, community politrix, tourists that fuck up the place & the vibe (mainy alcohol vibe) BUT...

There is wikked people around amoungst that, awesome vibes from some of the tourists/travellers (usually international, most Australian tourist shit me) & when a gig in Byron goes off & the vibe is right, it is at the very least equal if not better than most places I've seen gigs in this counrty.

+ lotz of cute girls which is well wikked sometimes but can be disturbingly distracting... :hubba: (I've always wanted to use that emoticon :D )