Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Good Vibrations Festival

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
Good Vibrations Festival 2011

Sydney, Centennial Park Saturday 12 February
Melbourne, Flemington Racecourse Sunday 13 February
Gold Coast, Parklands Saturday 19 February
Perth, Claremont Showground Sunday 20 February

Posted Image
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

ISIS

ISIS
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts
CHICKEN N BEER!!!
Link Up | SabataSound@gmail.com | FB: SabataSound Yusiit | Twitter: @SabataSound

ISIS

ISIS
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts
Awww, has ceelo dropped out?
Link Up | SabataSound@gmail.com | FB: SabataSound Yusiit | Twitter: @SabataSound

Reggaetown Festival

Reggaetown Festival
  • Members
  • 559 posts
BOOM - Erykah Badu is one of the all time best ever!!
Jnr Gong and Nas - WOW
and my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard:))

YES!! respect GVF
In Unity is Strength and ensured succes

mizzem

mizzem
  • Members
  • 195 posts
One ticket for sale $130 - will deliver in Brisbane. Saving of around $25..

Dubmarine

Dubmarine
  • Members
  • 340 posts
Dubmarine will be performing at the Gold Coast Good Vibrations opening up the Roots stage:)

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
Will be situated by that there roots stage all day long! Dubmarine, Zennith, Erykah Badu, Nas and Damien...boom! (Then I'll go home ;))

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts
Big up the dub mariners!!!
josHUA

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts

CHICKEN N BEER!!!

Bro luda had me until the calab of the year with Justine beaver! Fucken sell out!
josHUA

Dubmarine

Dubmarine
  • Members
  • 340 posts
See you there Dunchillin!

:)

ISIS

ISIS
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts

Bro luda had me until the calab of the year with Justine beaver! Fucken sell out!

Haha. Yeh, most of that last album was dreadful. Once he come this far never really expected him not to sell out tho, Its Luda.

Posted Image

general justice

general justice
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts
If you like SOUL MUSIC then check out ALOE BLACC , ,Awesome voice ,saw him last sat at tha BAKERY and he was dynamite,hes been added to Good Vibes and is tha real deal , he even did a couple of reggae tunes & told the sell off crowd how Reggae is just Jamaican SOUL , Great 3 pce band that sound so full & tight . Best new act Ive seen for ages , He has a hit tune called I NEED A DOLLAR at moment , REAL SOUL MUSIC & very good performer , this guy is going to be BIG :respect:
Who Jah Bless .....
and yu know the rest!

moikila

moikila
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Guys,

If you haven't got your tickets yet, you can get them for price up until midnight Friday 11/02/2011.

Check : http://spreets.com.a...12th-feb-sydney

The deal is available for the Melbourne and Sydney events. Just click on Change city to buy the Melbourne one.

Enjoy.

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
There is definitely something to be said for alfresco festival settings held on a Sydney summer day in Centennial Park. Yesterday it was raining (not heavily) and cool which to be honest mi prefer than heat! Got deh bout 4:30 with a group of friends watched Erykah Badu from de back of de 'Roots Tent'. Then after mi little friend Samrai did mash up de place in his turntabilist party style Fat Freddys Flop did come on.. Seriously is it just me or are they on demsleves? Kept mentioning how dem originators, de only thing dem originate is being de beacon fe annoying New Zealanders who feel sey dem kno reggae cah of dem fuckery music. Fat Freddys need fe seriously go wey. Anyway mi friends invariably had dropped some acid at de beginning of de set and started saying how dem couldn't handle Fat Freddy no more so we went to de tent where Sasha was djing. Well mi did leave mi friends in deh after bout five minutes. Went back to de Roots tent met up with a next friend an waited up de front for Gong an Nas. De band was tight and de show dat dem did was nothing more or less than mi did expect. Nas is definitely Gongs Robin fi im Batman. Still don't feel dem sound like dem compliment each other. Mi friend mi watched it with felt dem do.. Left after dat mi next friend went to watch Faithless wid other friends. Seriously is Australia de dumping ground fe has beens? Gong is de only really international contemporary artist dat is current pon dat bill... Big up Ranking!
Madda dan...

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
:lol:
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Damian Marley is friggin hot!!!
(Physically and musically)

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts

De band was tight and de show dat dem did was nothing more or less than mi did expect. Nas is definitely Gongs Robin fi im Batman. Still don't feel dem sound like dem compliment each other.

I agree with you here - it totally came across as the Jnr Gong show featuring Nas. The entire band was Junior Gongs (the percussionists looks scarily like Freddie McGregor), and I felt Gong's delivery and performance way outshone Nas'. I was happy when Nas left the stage for a break (he was annoying me), leaving Gong perform tunes outside of the combination album.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. First class performer.

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
I must add dat Nas' Illmatic is one of my hip hop l.p.'s and mi did rate im. Dat l.p. came out a long time ago doh.. Shit mi still was smokin bongs when dat come out. And mi haven't had a bong since NYE '99 an hadn't had one for three years before dat. Nasty fucken tings dem... :)
Madda dan...

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts

Damian Marley is friggin hot!!!
(Physically and musically)

Yu just love any man wid dreadlocks. Yu tune dis...

Madda dan...

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
This tune more so