Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rub A Dub Radio Off Air!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
It appears in the next programming round of 6 months BayFM have decided not to give Rub A Dub Radio a show.

This means that tonight & next Saturday night will be the last Rub A Dub Radio sessions for at least 6 months. Whether or not Lennox & I decide to re-apply next season we'll have to see.

Unfortunatly the streaming is not working for every one to tune in but...

May 5th, last Rub A Dub Radio Show, Lennox & I are going to go tune fi tune for the best part of an hour with at least half of that dedicated to Ganja tunes for Mardi Grass weekend.

I'm disappointed bout this decsion & more disappointed that a show that has been on air for bout 3 years gets offered 1 spot which we declined & then hear nuthing until an short 3 sentence email, notifying us 1 week before the last show of their decicion.

The reason was that we are a speciality programme & there fore only suited to a late night slot. Apparentlry a speciality Funk show can go from 4-6pm but a speciality reggae/dancehall show has to be 10pm-12pm.

Ironically the first Saturday that we have no show, Rub A Dub Sound are doing a 2 hour slot headling the "dub den" for free as a BayFM benifit show.
I tell ya dem gonna FEEL IT!!!

Chris

Chris
  • Members
  • 1,785 posts
Sounds like shabby treatment. I'd be pissed too.

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
That is disappointing Dayv, I remember The Yard here at Triple Zed used to be on a shite timeslot 11pm-12am (only 1 hour !) on Friday nites but after many applications to get a better slot finally got it's current 6-8pm Sunday time. Now The Yard is consistently one of the most popular shows on Triple Zed as well as one of the top 2-3 subscribed to shows on Triple Zed

So Bay FM, if yer looking at this - Rub A Dub Radio NEED to be back on the airwaves :shotta:

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
Rub A Dub Radio was originally 12pm-2am on a Sunday night, then moved to thurs 10-12pm, then wed 10-12pm, then fri 6pm-8pm (which was the best slot), then sat 6pm-8pm. They then offered us thurs 10pm-12pm again...

It's a loss for the BayFM listeners, I get nuff people who give complimants bout the show + now they don't get to here 2 hours of wicked reggae & dancehall tunes... :no:

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
What would happen if you rallied enough people and numbers ?
OzReggae petition to keep Rub A Dub on the air, not just BayFM listeners, but online stream audience too ?

Sorry to hear the news Dayv, really enjoyed coming into your show when passing through Byron Bay !
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
here's hoping you guys can sort dem out soon, and keep Rud A Dub on air... they don't know how lucky they are to have you guys!

Selecta Bing

Selecta Bing

LICK IT BACK SELECTA !!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
WANKERS !!!!!!! :shotta:
selecta_bing

DollaMix

DollaMix
  • Members
  • 515 posts

don't get to here 2 hours of wicked reggae & dancehall tunes... :no:

Yeah - Real culture!

The funk show is all good (nuff respect to Shuffle) and the other reggae show is all good (big up Selecta) but this is up to di time reggae and dancehall - not some nostalgia trip!!

I know a whole heap of peeps who are gonna be a bit confused come the next RubaDub hour that isn't reggae...

:dunno:

Nup - NO GOOD

:respect: to Lennox Dread and KrazyDayv :lighta2:
MADANTZ INVASION

Grapple

Grapple
  • Members
  • 3,057 posts

the other reggae show is all good (big up Selecta)

whens that ?

Mikey Glamour

Mikey Glamour

Brown $tick of Dynamite

• Members
  • 9,101 posts
Well I just read this and I am really sorry to hear about that, this is typical how reggae shows generally are treated like its some thing you scrape off your shoe. Back in Uk when Babylon did I try fight down the music we turn round and said FUCK YOU....we started up our own Pirate radio stations and had our music heard cah Babylon cant stop the flow of the vibes....trust mi we need fe get more militant in this yah country can dem just ah handle we wid no respeck round here. Not sure how the pirate radio ting did actually start and what the logistics of them where but one thing is certain back in UK they just didnt stand for the suppression of the music and being told weak ass excuses. Bwoy mi feel vex after reading this cause it is so fucking typical!!!!!
NAME - MIKEY GLAMOUR
ALIAS - BROWN $TICK OF DYNAMITE
AGE - NONE OF YAH BLOODCLAAT BIZNIZ
OCCUPATION - INTIMATE SERVICE PROVIDER/MINISTER FOR ARGUMENT AND REASONING
PLACE OF WORK - SELF EMPLOYED SPERM BANK - GYAL COME GET AH LOAN
POSITION - LIZARD LAP/FOOT PON SHOULDER
CURRENT LOCATION - INNA YU GYAL/UP IN THE HILLS AH HOLD AH MEDITATION
CITY - GUN SMOKE/GANGSTA TOWN/SYN CITY
COUNTRY - CONVICT COUNTRY
ROLE MODELS - KING SOLOMAN/MIKE TYSON
HOBBIES - "IS ALL ABOUT DI JOY"
DIS LIKES - GYAL WHE TOO STOOSH
FAVOURITE WEBSITE - user posted imageDONT BE NOSEY

FI MI FACE BOOK LINK
MY SPACE LINK FI DI GLAMMS
Hortense Phillipa Waisome aka "Mum" 15.7.52 - 20.3.05 For ever missed but never forgotten

Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard
  • Members
  • 1,035 posts
Fight the Power!!!

yeah we should meek a petition an send em!!!

RaasssClllaaaat!

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
Fe real Mikey - I've often wondered why there's no pirate stations in Aus.

I grew up listening almost exclusively to pirate stations...I remember sometimes you'd be listening to the presenter chatting when you'd hear a banging in the background, and then babylon bruk down the door and demand they turn it off, and man would be shouting 'Can't shut us down mr beastman' type shit, and the show would go dead. Then a couple of days later it would suddenly come back to life from a new location - 'cyaaan fuck wid community radio babylon man'!!

I don't know logistics either, but I know the crew would have their main transmitter tower hidden on top of a tower block somewhere and then a smaller one on/in whatever premisies they were transmitting from at the time. True, babylon would seize certain equipment from them, but never got the big stuff as it was kept seperate.

Bring on the pirate station dem!

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Yo Lennox and Dave why don't you just prerecord the show, you keep your listeners happy and your profile! Then you can just do the every week when you feel like it! :thumbs:
Madda dan...

Treesha Wisdom

Treesha Wisdom
  • Members
  • 257 posts
Lennox Dread and Krazy Dayv,

this totally sucks,

put up the email address for the board members of Bay FM, so we can all complain direct to them.

I dont understand this at all,

I know its been a long time since I was in Byron, but it was always HUGE on reggae, has it changed that much?

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
I'm not going to put peoples emails on hear but anyone that would like to contact BayFM about this go to www.bayfm.org

Thanks all for your comments & support. I have sent an email to the programming team appealing the decision, so I'll have to wait & see...

:respect:

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
Posted Image

This should be interesting... :flash:

nickhodemus

nickhodemus
  • Members
  • 194 posts
tis a pity indeed :no: :no:

Pirate radio stations would be nice, but if y'all remember they work best in small ranges with high concentration of population. There is scope for pirate radio coverage in Sydney / Melb Suburbs but apart from that you would need a very powerful transmitter to cover the likes of Bris Vegas suburbia. Plus there aint no council tower blocks like in the east end where no one cared if you set up a transmitter on the roof.

I reckon the massive should pull together and get a nationwide DAB radio community licence - no shortage of good music and willing DJ's....

DollaMix

DollaMix
  • Members
  • 515 posts
So it is all back on right? Just another time slot...
Dread ? Dayv ? :phones:
MADANTZ INVASION

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
The latest:

:alarm: Rub A Dub Radio will continue on Tuesday Nites 10pm-12pm. Lennox Dread will be in control. I have decided to take the back seat a little.

It does look like however, that it will be the last 6 months because I'm not sure if I want to be involved in the politrics of the station nah more & Lennox is thinking long the same lines...
I'll let him eloborate...

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
sad news... glad you guys have another slot to continue in some way

does prime selector still have his show ? sounds a little unfair , Ild love to see some statistics on who :

- plays the most reggae
- plays more australian content
- promotes more shows around NNSW
- supports more local reggae
- interview and meets with touring reggae artists

Rubadub would come tops on this list x 1000000000....

Seems like you have to eat cool pills to keep on top of things in this town sometimes , what a load of shit !
Huck is always on the raft.

No time to mess with Greed, Got some fine plants to seed...