Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:01 PM
Old School Q's
1) Veteren DJ Dillinger used to be known as who?
2) Finish this line" You pick him up, you lick him down, him......."
-- Bonus points, name the tune & singer? :bullet: BOOM TUNE!
3) In which year did Shabba win the Grammy? and what for?
4) Which DeeJay is NOT from Stur Grav Sound - Charlie Chaplin, Josey Wales, or Burro Banton?
5) Who's "getting married" in the morning? ... and then "getting divorced"?
... too easy :thumbs:
Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:17 PM
2) You pick him up, you lick him down, him....... bounce right forward, what HARD MAN FI DEAD! -- Prince Buster
3) Shabba won the grammy in 1991 for "As raw As Ever", then again in 1992 for "Xtra Naked".
Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:23 PM
"What a Hard Man Fi Dead" ... Prince Buster! :boom: :bullet:
Yes I. Burro hails from Volcano Hi-Fi !
-- ranking yoni
Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:39 PM
Yeah .. I got a Caveman tape too, an old one with Sizzla on the mic. That's what must have confused me.
Micapam - Caveman is the sound Sizzla worked with most when he was coming up. I have a 90 minute tape of Caveman playing PURE sizzla dubplates from 1996, with raw early versions of classics like Black Woman and Child, Holding Firm, Like Mountain, etc. Caveman has never been Sizzla's sound though, in an ownership sense.