Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PRINCE ALLA live with MISTA SAVONA band

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

Bellyas

Bellyas
  • Members
  • 1,305 posts

The band has been perfecting Alla's Soul Syndicate riddims, we even have Dizzy and Jornick doing the beautiful old style vocal harmonies!

We're trying to reschedule another Melbourne show on a weeknight in 10 days or so. Will keep people posted.

I like the sound of this! Looking forward to hearing it. :)
Housewife's Choice

Dan Version

Dan Version
  • Members
  • 676 posts

The Australian visa was sorted months ago - but no-one knew he needed a US visa just to travel in transit (1 hour at LA airport now requires a Visa for Jamaicans). This apparently is a relatively new law.

This came into effect post-September 11 attacks in US, everyone must clear immigration at point of entry into US even if just in transit, so need a transit visa. UK followed suit soon after. They did it so they could control who was flying in their airspace. Travel agent should really have known that.

daniel ring

daniel ring
  • Members
  • 644 posts
i made it down to the footscray arts centre on sunday without knowing that prince alla would'nt be making the show ... i did'nt check the 'net on saturday...oh well a little dissapointing, but a real enjoyable arvo all the same.
looking forward to when prince alla does reach though.

Chris

Chris
  • Members
  • 1,785 posts
Is the Sydney show still happening this Friday? Hear there are troubles with Prince Alla's visa etc. So is going ahead with Mista Savona and supports, has it been postponed or cancelled?

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
I believe the show is still going ahead - but without Prince Alla.
Someone else please confirm this though.

Social Living

Social Living
  • Members
  • 427 posts

I believe the show is still going ahead - but without Prince Alla.
Someone else please confirm this though.

Yes... please can someone confirm - excellent though Mista Savona & band are it was the chance to see Prince Alla that got me excited about this...

SergeonGeneral

SergeonGeneral
  • Members
  • 373 posts
It is with great regret that we have to announce the cancellation of
MISTA SAVONA w/ PRINCE ALLA @ The Gaelic Club, Friday February 19th.

Due to circumstances out of our control,
Prince Alla was not able to travel to Australia in time for the tour.

We apologize to all patrons who were looking forward to the show, all tickets will be fully refunded, please call moshtix on 1300 438 849.

Respect.
myspace.com/djnicktoth
facebook.com/djnicktoth
twitter.com/djnicktoth
user posted image

ISIS

ISIS
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts
Sameway,

Whappen wid Perth on Sunday?
Link Up | SabataSound@gmail.com | FB: SabataSound Yusiit | Twitter: @SabataSound

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
The whole tour has been cancelled. I got a text from Savona last night. The Mista Savona band will still play most of the shows scheduled, but without Prince Alla.

:(

Jubei

Jubei
  • Members
  • 185 posts
Is the Sydney show cancelled, or going ahead without Prince Alla?
'There are no losers in the game of adding hats to robots' - random toilet grafiti

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
:(
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

ISIS

ISIS
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts
Fuckery dat... Useless bumbo travel agents.

I made a similar mistake a few years ago, disn't sort out a US transit Visa a short while before was ment to head off. Changed my flights to go Via another country and did ting did sort out. Cost a little bit thought.

Oh well.. Jake, any singers comming over to Perth or jus a straigh inst thing.
Link Up | SabataSound@gmail.com | FB: SabataSound Yusiit | Twitter: @SabataSound

Sheriff Lindo

Sheriff Lindo
  • Members
  • 353 posts

Fuckery dat... Useless bumbo travel agents.

I made a similar mistake a few years ago, disn't sort out a US transit Visa a short while before was ment to head off. Changed my flights to go Via another country and did ting did sort out. Cost a little bit thought.

Oh well.. Jake, any singers comming over to Perth or jus a straigh inst thing.

Sad news. Jake still comin to Perth with 10 piece. And Earthlinx supporting beforehand with Cle and Grace Barbe' pon mic. Jake, Vida be there??
Original blueprint, no carbon!!!!

ROOTSIFYA

ROOTSIFYA
  • Members
  • 202 posts
Hey people so sorry about this...I've been trying to bring out Prince Alla for about 2 years and this was so damn close! We allowed one of the festivals to look after all flights and visas and this was a big mistake, it really was thoroughly organised on every other level.

I swore that after so many cancellations/problems with other Jamaican artists that we'd get this one perfect. Not to be! Perth festival have said they'll consider bringing him out next year. Fingers crossed.

Big ups and thanks for the support people. All shows going ahead except the Gaelic Club in Sydney. We'll be touring as a ten piece with 3 vocalists - Vida-Sunshyne, Dizzy Dee and Jornick. :bigup:

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts

All shows going ahead except the Gaelic Club in Sydney.

Which is odd as it was advertised as MISTA SAVONA in big & Prince Alla in small (which got enlarge due to ozreggae public outcry lol)... :hmm:

Bellyas

Bellyas
  • Members
  • 1,305 posts
Basslines still on too???

Durr sorry I can't read.
Housewife's Choice

Bellyas

Bellyas
  • Members
  • 1,305 posts
I also am clearly not used to the new forum as yet. Sorry. Ok I go now.
Housewife's Choice

EMPRESS DJ CORBY

EMPRESS DJ CORBY
  • Members
  • 692 posts
:bigup: Jake Savona and band for a wicked night sunday here in Perth
Vida Sunshyne Dizzy Dee and Jornick :respect:
and our very own Cle and Grace Barbe nuff respect to all Earth Link holding it down before and after nuff great music all night
big crowd and great venue
Thanks