Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

international reggae acts in oz soon ??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
alpha blondy, ernest ranglin and the wailers have now left

can anybody tell me what reggae is coming out internationally in the next few months ??

i need a bit of notice, i usually have to head to brizvegas or melbourne

i heard a rumour that buju banton, midnite, groundation and israel vibration are all coming out soon (but really i think it is just my imagination) :)
Huck is always on the raft.

No time to mess with Greed, Got some fine plants to seed...

Guest_Spliff_*

Guest_Spliff_*
  • Visitor
pffft, right! i think just your imagination Huck... nah follow rumour

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
I think it's safe to start planning for Third World & Lucky Dube in early June. I should have 100% confirmation on Wednesday.

rastafarirhythms

rastafarirhythms
  • Members
  • 7 posts
It is now confirmed

The PRINCE OF WALES presents THIRD WORLD in concert !
Thursday, 9th June 2005 at The Prince of Wales.

Support acts to be confirmed

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
brizvegas show ?
Huck is always on the raft.

No time to mess with Greed, Got some fine plants to seed...

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
There no doubt will be a Sydney/Briz show. Terrasphere would be looking after them for the Melbourne leg of some broader tour. I think I recall hearing Third World are doing an Asia/Pacific tour.

Not sure about Lucky Dube though- saw him last time he was here in 2000 and didnt think much of the show (personally...). I recall he was brought down here with Burning Spear after the Byron Blues Fest.

Itations :dread:

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
It appears someone has jumped the gun here. This show is not yet 100% confirmed.

Terrasphere are looking after the Lucky Dube angle and I don't know too much about that, but Third World are coming over this way for the New Caledonia reggae fest, and we (Chant Down) have been speaking to the Prince of Wales regarding a Melbourne show for over a month now.

At this stage, Lucky Dube is not yet 100% confirmed, but we hope to know by Friday. Third World should be playing that date regardless. I'll post more when I know exactly what is going on.

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
ok, I see that Rastafari Rhthyms original posts have now been modified and no longer have Lucky Dube listed as a definite.

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
Despite whateva confusions, I think it's really GREAT news that we'll be seeing more live reggae in our yard soon... for this we give thanks !

big up the promoters dem!

ranks :king:
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

loulou

loulou
  • Members
  • 30 posts
Hip Hip Hooray......

Is this another reggae band to reach the land "Round Under"??

Well, give me more!....neva enuff fi quench mi reggae thirst ,
only mi pocket it did a burst!! :lol:

Third World....WOW...can wait.

As they say "Beggers Can't Be Choosers" - unfortunately we (aussies) still fall into that category, if you ask me!

Well reggae friends be seeing you there ... June 9th, thats 1 month, 13 days....

Loulou :beam:

rastafarirhythms

rastafarirhythms
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Greetings All from Rastafari Rhythms

Just to let you know that we've been advised that the support acts aren't confirmed so sorry for that confusion too... will edit the original discussion note posted the other day.

BEAT also have Lucky Dube advertised with Third World but, as Jesse I stated, it's still in negotiations.

One love

Rastafari Rhythms