Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

last minute call...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
I'm playing at 2FiveFive (255 Swantson St in the city) from 12.30+ tonight. Lord Lingham spinning dancehall and bhangra before I. No cover, so if you're not doing anything tonight, and don't have to get up early tomorrow, get off the computer and come blaze! Yoni? heh heh... I know you'll read this in time!

:dr4:

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
How did it go at 255 Jesse? Its a very nice venue. I wonder if people have cottoned onto it yet.

Itations :flag:

Bellyas

Bellyas
  • Members
  • 1,305 posts
Sister, I checked this last night. a real nice venue with very good sound and vibes all round. looking forward to more. :flag:
Housewife's Choice

El Rocker

El Rocker

***Strictly Rockers***

• Members
  • 851 posts

Lord Lingham spinning dancehall and bhangra before I. 
:dr4:

what is bhangra?

Bellyas

Bellyas
  • Members
  • 1,305 posts
It's the music of the Punjab. You will recognise the sound of the Dhol drum when you hear it! :fire:
Housewife's Choice

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Bhangra = Coolie styles my friend. Wikkid stuff!!! Dancehall wise, I would equate it to a form similar to Diwali, Coolie Dance, and definately Punjabi riddim... but badder :flame:

Itations :flag:

El Rocker

El Rocker

***Strictly Rockers***

• Members
  • 851 posts
any examples i should check for?

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
Check out the Desi Beats show by Panjabi Hit Squad at http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/morestyles/

some nice beats, sometimes very close to dancehall... actually, it's more the other way - a lot of dancehall in the last few years has really borrowed from bhangra.

btw Itations - though "coolie" is the term given to Indians in Jamaica, outside of JA this would be considered a derogatory term. it basically means servant. just letting you know so you don't pick up any bad habits! :)

2FiveFive was okay. The venue definitely has big potential. being right on Swanston St with no cover, it feels very exposed... but it should improve when they reopen in a month, and start charging a $5 cover to keep out the drunks. worth checking out anyway... and nice sound in there, as Bellyas said! :ites:

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts

Check out the Desi Beats show by Panjabi Hit Squad at www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/morestyles

Just tuned in to the above and they played a wicked bhangra remix of Makka Diamond and Cobra!

:thumbs:

DAMAJAH

DAMAJAH

Gyanksta Biz

• Members
  • 609 posts
eh sum 1 say india, LARGE UP MI MUMMY (indian born'a tanzania africa)
big up to my huge indian family back in u.k. an india miss dem too much
NONE A MY GIRLZ NUH BOW DUNG FI NUTTIN'