Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

One World Festival (Sunshine Coast)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
Posted Image

jSun

jSun
  • Members
  • 6 posts
BIG UPS Major Krazy for your attention to detail~
We hope this gig will please the people that miss out on too much Dub in their day.

http://www.facebook....130956676938973

'One World' is a fresh attempt for all to enjoy the sound of Dub Reggae on the one stage in the one day. A unique Festival in a unique space this family friendly, BYO & camping event consists of 12 hours entertainment from the finest acts in QLD's Dub Culture.

Joining the lineup will be following Headliners....

Dubmarine: these traveling troubadours will B-line it back from their manic European tour with the intent on giving us a show not to be missed. Their blends of Dub, Reggae & Electronica have been blowing away the biggest European Festivals & we are very please to catch them as soon as they return to our shores & with a new release in hand to top it off!

Upsteppers: With a long list of fine acts up their sleeves these fellas have been rockin the Roots culture for a good number of years & with their latest release they continue to woo the crowds with nods of approval! Authentic & inventive their name describes what your feet will be doin...

Kingfisha: Racing back from who know where to get fresh on stage for us, this crew of coastal lovers will be hot on the heals of recent gigs galore. A staple in the Dub Culture of Qld & NNSW they give as good as you can get with their mix of sweet soul & attitude both on stage & in the studio. This live act has many acts to come!

Darky Roots: From across the Tasman these boys came to make a home in SEQLD & we couldn't be happier that they did. With the right lyrics & a clean fresh sound this act is for real ! Yes another not to be missed act at this 'One World' event.

Supporting these Headliners will be a series of Local artists including Young Tree, Sound System , One Dread & Dub Deejays Erther, JahSun, Johnny Dreads , Selector Basmati (4ZZZ) , with more to be announced...

Market Food Stalls, child spaces, swimming,
Limited capacity 350 adults
Pre Sold tix available thru

www.greentix.com.au

Tix on sale from 1/7/10
1st round Early Bird $28+bf till July 14 or first 100 sold
2nd round Early Birds $33+bf till August 5 or next 100 sold.
All other tix at the door $40...
under 16 free entry with parent supervision ! ( see below)
Event has a limited capacity so dont wait too long...

Reminder that you are responsible for yourself, your family, your property & your actions. Organizers & owners will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to your person or personal items.
Treat the space with respect, keep it clean & enjoy the opportunity to be involved in these events on a regular basis.

Remember, 'One World' is a Pitch Productions event. Join the group & be the first to know...

Diggin' away at the Underground just to scratch the surface of society... then it will all cave in...

Dub promoter & producer
11 years of Dub / 2Step / Reggae & Ragga on Noosa Community Radio 101.3FM Mondays 10-midday 

topdog

topdog
  • Members
  • 234 posts
this sounds cool.

forgive my ignorance, but where is the venue?
i looked everywhere and couldnt see any mention of it except for "sunshine coast"

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
Off the ticketing site:

Garage @ the End of the World
Gibbs Ct Diddillibah
Sunshine Coast, QLD Australia
AU 4559

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
Maximum respek for good works and putting on more reggae events !!

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
So who's camping? Looking forward to this!

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
This looks awesome ... big up the organisers dem !
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

jSun

jSun
  • Members
  • 6 posts
With tha Maximum respect , 'OneWorld' is going to kick off this Saturday with the BIG sounds of..
Dubmarine
Kingfisha
Upsteppers
Young Tree
Savage
One Dread
Basmati
Samedi Sound System
Erther
Jah Sun
& The Champion Sound with their Rig
Fine food, camping & great peoples, ...
For any questions.. Email. pitchprod@gmail.com
Forward to our present...

Diggin' away at the Underground just to scratch the surface of society... then it will all cave in...

Dub promoter & producer
11 years of Dub / 2Step / Reggae & Ragga on Noosa Community Radio 101.3FM Mondays 10-midday 

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts

So who's camping? Looking forward to this!

Posted Image

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
:alarm:

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
any photos, reviews, info on how this fest went???

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
Gig did nice! I took a couple of pics but they didn't come out so well.

Would love to see more of these kind of events, it was really well put together and pulled off by the organisers.

The venue was a large half open shed, kinda like a footy club ground. It had a big field out the front where everyone set up on blankets and chairs with their families through the afternoon enjoying the sun. The sound system (which sounded sooo tuff and heavy!) was set up inside the shed next to a nicely decked out stage area, but the sound carried really well across the field and sitting out with a beer in the sun I could still hear everything perfectly and feel a nice thump in my chest!

There was a good mix of Djs and bands playing mostly reggae but with a bit of dubstep thrown in here and there. Solid performances from everyone pretty much (there was one guy did a keyboard solo thing I wasn't really feeling), and when the sun went down and it got cold (and boy did it get cold!) the organisers lit up a few braziers and bonfires round the place and the thing kept running nice.

Unfortunately, about midnight I think, a couple of car loads of coppers turned up after neighbourly noise complaints (which was pretty shitty really - the sound was big but not deafening, and the venue was pretty tucked away...still, we all know neighbours...) and the music got all but turned off and the shed closed up to contain the sound for the last few acts so I think a few performers got a raw deal in terms of crowd and volume, but I guess that couldn't be helped.

All round it was a stirling bloody evening, and feels so right listening to some heavy bass out there in the bush in the sun. Hope the next one come soon!

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
Cool. Pity babylon kill the vibes. Saw a few photos on FB, looked like a good turn out. hope they can do it again & find away to avoid the noise complaints without compromising on the sound.

jSun

jSun
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Ah yes its been a while & im now kickin myself i didnt get to you sooner.. My One World fest has had another of its kind & others that i let slip on bye.. madd blessings for the vacancy in my head.. musta been all those heads in da challis..

Last wknd we put this together...

Solstice Roots 2014

https://www.facebook...2/?notif_t=like

Blessed vibrations again!

Possibly one of the reasons i been so quiet is that ive been makin noise.. & making plans to take it on the road..

https://soundcloud.com/almostlazy

https://www.facebook.com/almostlazy

So along with throwing the only reggae events & hosting the only weekly Reggae Radio show on the Sunny Coast Qld im keen to connect with reggae artists for music (1 hr all oz reggae every week) for gigs, 3-4 fests / year & connect with artist & venues for my Oz tour 2015..

So i guess you cld say this is a Roll call of sorts.. 

If you keen then Bless it up

Dub promoter & producer

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users