Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vital Sounds Hi-Fi meets Jesse I (WGTN, NZ)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Venus

Venus
  • Members
  • 196 posts
Posted Image

Come to Bar Bodega, Saturday 29 November, when Vital Sounds Hi-Fi host a unity dance show-casing some of Australasias' biggest reggae selectors! Featuring for the first time in Aotearoa, Jesse I (Chant Down, Melbourne), alongside NZ's heavyweight sound, Vital Sounds Hi-Fi (Manray & MC Ras Stone), with support from Art Official & Duke Willis!

More details at:
http://www.niceup.or...chant-down-wgtn

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
looking forward! :ites:

troublemaker

troublemaker
  • Members
  • 527 posts
sweet! :fire:
I like the flying mixers!

Venus

Venus
  • Members
  • 196 posts
Looking forward to having you two here!! Weather's looking pretty good I think!
See ya's tomorrow! :wave:

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
yeah, getting excited now! really looking forward to playing on the Vital Sounds Hi-Fi, will actually be my first time playing on a proper reggae soundsystem...

:bbox:

Bellyas

Bellyas
  • Members
  • 1,305 posts
Have fun in kiwiland!!! Looking forward to pictures and audio and reports etc etc. :ites:

:leaf2:
Housewife's Choice

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Gwaan Manray, Venus, Jesse I and all crew.... :flame:
Madda dan...

iceberg

iceberg
  • Members
  • 16 posts
:bullet: had a good time meeting you both on friday at the turnaround pity it wasnt a real reggae gig hope you enjoyed your short time hear hope to see you in melbourne soon blessup how was welliPosted Image

Manray

Manray
  • Members
  • 150 posts
Yes, give thanks to all who reached this dance. Although numbers were down all who did attend made it a very special night.

Big thanks to all singers and players, Jesse I, Ras Stone, Duke Willis and Art Official. And to all the Vitalites who helped promote and setup.

The soundsystem was sounding tuff and dropping deeper that ever :bbox: ! I ran it hard and it just handled everything I threw at it. I maintain my unbroken record of noise control complaints at every dance now (starting to wear that like a badge now :lol: ), still haven't been shutdown yet, touch wood!
Vital Sounds Hi Fi, Wellington NZ. follow us on Facebook.

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
yes, was wicked to reach both Auckland and Wellington!

good to meet you too Iceberg, sorry I didn't get a chance to talk more - I didn't realise I was going to be playing for two hours, and didn't see you again when I was finished. was a great venue at the Turnaround, reminded me of the old Deep 11 days here... would have been better if it was a straight reggae night as you say, but was still a lot of fun.

Wellington was less busy, but I have to say, it was a real pleasure to play on the Vital Sounds Hi-Fi... what this dance lacked in numbers, it made up for with vibes and sound! The system sounded deadly, and I especially enjoyed the chance to play some heavyweight oldies on it. Big big thanks to Manray for having me.

had a great time in NZ, and am looking forward to reaching again... big ups to everyone who made this such a good trip for Troublemaker and I, especially Venus, Art Official, Paradox, Tobi, Grafta and Kristina for the hookups and hospitality!

troublemaker

troublemaker
  • Members
  • 527 posts
You beat me to it Jesse! Yes, massive big ups and thanks to Venus, Art Official, Paradox (man with the corn-chip hook-ups), Sticky, Grafta, Kristina for looking after us so well. Was also wicked to have met Tobi & his lady, Cian, Manray and man like Iceberg amongst heaps of others. Big tings a gwaan in Aotearoa. Had a great time and look forward to visiting again soon with more time!

Venus

Venus
  • Members
  • 196 posts
yea yea yea...was wicked having you two in NZ! Thought it went well in both cities...good to see some vibes going down at the Turnaround and some AK reggae massive in attendance. Must big up Cian and the crew for hosting.

Vital Sounds night was a bit quiet (been a bit tough putting on parties in lil ol Welly recently) but it was heaps of fun...yip the system is sounding badd and all selectors on the night were top-notch. Jesse, I had heard good things about you before you got here but you surpassed my expectations! And you sing good too :) Troublemaker, next time you come, you're bringing tunes too gal :wink:

Def gotta get you back soon! Bless from NZ massive!

paradox

paradox
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts
Maximum respect guys, it was an absolute honour to have you in town. The session was wicked, one of most enjoyable sets I've heard in Auckland without a doubt. Big up to everyone involved in making the dances happen.

As Venus says, you'll have to be back soon!

iceberg

iceberg
  • Members
  • 16 posts
:PullUp: sorry jesse we didnt talk again i had to go take some people home i was driving that night, sober driver i hope ollie and christine looked afta you while you were in aucks ,by the time i droped people off i couldnt be stuffed coming back to town i hope to see you and troublemaker soon in melbourne ok blessup merry xmas

paradox

paradox
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts
iceberg, mek we link up next dance, I had a brief chat to you on the night but didn't know who you were, big up!

iceberg

iceberg
  • Members
  • 16 posts
paradox you might have to refresh my memory i talked to so many people it was hard to keep up wit everyone anyway it was good to meet you anyway :bigup:

paradox

paradox
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts
All good bro, will definitely say hi next time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users