Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fisherman Style #68 Earthlink/Firehouse/Sabata/Future Soundz

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Djrasta

Djrasta
  • Members
  • 611 posts
al good you keep making me think you are Gabriel with that Avatar, please take it off cause there is Rumours that Jah Wisdom a get restructured with Selecta Bing & Grapple a come into the sound & Gabriel move to back up dancer aka 12" juggler & u nah wanna deal with them supersound. :wink:

Simmo T

Simmo T
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Simmo as me say last night a bere gal chune Future Soundz a deal with, but if any old man wanna fling word, a casket him get!!!!!

HAHA, he might need a 'casket' or summn to stand on to reach the decks....haha
<span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>COOL WEN MI COME BOUT</span></span>

<a href='http://twitter.com/SimmoTee' target='_blank'>http://twitter.com/SimmoTee</a>

Djrasta

Djrasta
  • Members
  • 611 posts

HAHA, he might need a 'casket' or summn to stand on to reach the decks....haha

lol dont forget you have ur own shortman in your sound.

Djrasta

Djrasta
  • Members
  • 611 posts
BTW the dance is being recorded so all the eastern staters get you Ipods/MP3's ready cause Audio gonna drop like Simmo's sound lol if chune & Speech fling

Simmo T

Simmo T
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

BTW the dance is being recorded so all the eastern staters get you Ipods/MP3's ready cause Audio gonna drop like Simmo's sound lol if chune & Speech fling

HAHAHA.
Man Friday is gonna be FUN!
I reckon there is gonna be about three people recording this aye!
<span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>COOL WEN MI COME BOUT</span></span>

<a href='http://twitter.com/SimmoTee' target='_blank'>http://twitter.com/SimmoTee</a>

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Ah wha dis... :boring:
Madda dan...

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts
Have fun tomorrow night :bigtune: in the Wild wild west.

Selecta Bing

Selecta Bing

LICK IT BACK SELECTA !!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Another Jafaikan that likes to mention my name.
( Even though he thinks I need to change it.)
At least you referred to me as " Selecta ". Respect.
I see you are still 'RASTA'.
I'd love to know the story of how and when you became a Rastafarian.

Sorry if you really are one. I would not want to disrespect any true Rastafarians as I am sure you would not want to take in vain the name of someone so respected and revered all over the world.

BTW
Keep that rumour mill churning. It's good to have your mind occupied.
But don't let it consume you, as it does others.
You need your sleep uncluttered by negative thoughts so you can praise Jah itinually. Peace.
selecta_bing

Simmo T

Simmo T
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts
HAHAHA!

BING BIT! lol, gawd knows mate , your good for it!

Same wey kinda like a history dance tonite! BIG UP the bosses EARTHLINK! Vibes tun up!

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Inna de place. Tonight vibes get tun up fe real! :)
Sounds like Bings knees ah give im problem again! In TCM an wholistic medicine knee problems are caused by an individuals nature dat has a "stubborn ego and pride. Inability to bend. Fear. Inflexibility. Won't give in." :(
Madda dan...

Selecta Bing

Selecta Bing

LICK IT BACK SELECTA !!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
The JAFAIKAN ALLIANCE are at it again !
(But why drop the patois all of a sudden ? )
We have Dr. Luscious Glory (W)hole, Rasta boy and Seem 0 ( Still no reply from you or Rasta boy )
all together.

I hope you have got a room together for later.
Where's Rasta boy ? Fetching the ground sheet and baby oil ?

Record that session.
selecta_bing

Simmo T

Simmo T
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

We have Dr. Luscious Glory (W)hole, Rasta boy and Seem 0 ( Still no reply from you or Rasta boy )
all together.

Record that session.

Keep digging yuh rhatid hole fukwit! If you think any of us been doin this a minute your drastically mistaken.

BIG UP ALL the Sounds playing at Fishermans Style tonite or have played over the last six odd years. Dem fe know!

Selecta Bing

Selecta Bing

LICK IT BACK SELECTA !!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
" ...just having a laff ..."
You bit this time, sprat .....hahahaa

Now i'll be the first to admit i'm a pretty bad antagonist but i only do so to promote discussion when i feel things get too stale, god knows it works. I'm truly sorry if i offend people but i am always just having a laff...

Now you are the new Coffee 'table' Annan !!! LoL

If there was more unity or just atleast tolerance there would be more discussion and more respect. This seems to happen continually.

Reggae in WA too small for bickering. :People need to have a laugh. If there was less bullshit and more tolerance things like touring artists being on the same night at different ends of the city might not happen

Put down the violin, the J.A. don't cry.
At least that's the claim. The reality is different though.
selecta_bing

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Knees must be wobbly today eh... Lol.
Madda dan...

Djrasta

Djrasta
  • Members
  • 611 posts

all together.

Record that session.

lol, I didn't reply cause I figure that arguing with an idiot is pointless & also I have a job as well as I life so I cant be on Ozreggae 24/7, but I guess I'll bite on this one. I got the name 'Rasta' not because I'm a practicing Rasta, but because when I was a kid, I was always the one wearing the Haile Selassie/Bob Marley/Reggae/Rasta shirts, when it came to projects I was doing projects on Jamaica, Reggae Etc. & while everyone else was listening to Hip Hop & R'n'B I was listening to The Wailers, Lucky Dube, Third World etc so everyone called me 'Ru(a)sta' because it also was close to my name Russid.

Know I love meeting REAL Rasta's & every REAL Rasta I have has accepted me & the reasoning behind my name. So please introduce me to your friends & while we were there we can talk about why you would prefer to video tape a man getting rubbed down by two men over listening to a reggae session. Now that would be interesting.

As for Jafaikan, I don't know what that is but I assume you think because I embrace CURRENT Popular Jamaican Culture is a reason for the name, while your friends might not approve of Current Jamaican Culture I'm sure I know what they would prefer, that or a video of 3 men & baby oil.

I also assume my use of patois offends you & while I personally don't use that much Patois & on the mic I speak in a clear AUSTRALIAN accent I also do not see the problem with it unless it's done in a degrading fashion.

So for all the reggae lovers in Perth come down & enjoy the vibe. I like a lot of others, enjoy when our east coast BREDDAHS nice up a dance over here & this month is no exception with the big bad Firehouse sound coming over & nicing up the dance with classic dubplates, as well as my real Musical elders Earthlink & my Peoples Sabata sound. While Future SOundz will be one member down tonight we definitely have a few surprises for the audience.

PS. Mikey apparently 3 people are recording this HISTORICAL dance, so rest assure we will get audio.

:bigtune:

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
Russ sitting wid gf in Little Creatures havin lunch an your reply to de ole bwoy who write fart made mi laff so hard. What a dickhead. Hope dat was Australian enough fe Ding.. :)
Madda dan...

Selecta Bing

Selecta Bing

LICK IT BACK SELECTA !!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
I didn't reply cause I figure that arguing with an idiot is pointless & also I have a job as well as I life so I cant be on Ozreggae 24/7, but I guess I'll bite on this one.

So why call me out ? twice ! You knew nothing about me, yet you thought you could dis me,
and what ? I wouldn't respond.

I knew why you are called Rasta, Russid.
It would not have concerned me for 1 second, but you chose to say I should change my name !
Think about that.

I have 2 sons who have been listening to Reggae since the womb, so I respect your parents
for what they did for you. Don't piss that away just to impress some little smart arses.
If you studied a little more you would know Rasta don't deal with that kind of folly.

I also assume my use of patois offends you & while I personally don't use that much Patois & on the mic I speak in a clear AUSTRALIAN accent I also do not see the problem with it unless it's done in a degrading fashion.

As for Jafaikan, I don't know what that is but I assume you think because I embrace CURRENT Popular Jamaican Culture is a reason for the name, while your friends might not approve of Current Jamaican Culture I'm sure I know what they would prefer, that or a video of 3 men & baby oil.

Never assume anything. Your use of patois doesn't 'offend' me, it amuses me because it shows you are trying too hard to align yourself with others that you admire. Waste of effort that.
Be yourself ! You have indicated that is what you do on the mic.

I have been enjoying Reggae for more than 35 years and I know people who have been doing the same and none of us carry on like that, but we don't bother attacking those that do.
Each to their own.

But don't think I am gonna pass you the Vaso if you try to fuck me!

I left here 4 years ago because of fuck knuckles like that and the minute I came back
( to support Brisbane efforts ) I have been called out by four wankers. No wonder it's a ghost town here now.
Ranking Yoni must be thrilled !

So form your alliances and chase people away and then you too can be one of the sprat,
in a quickly evaporating pond of sprat, that think they are big big fish.

I hope all your efforts and those of all the WA people are rewarded with packed houses.
That's what we like to see here in QLD too.

Maybe Coffee Table can smoke the peace pipe, but I don't see that happening too soon.
Too busy dissing others.

Now this 'old fart' needs sleep, I've got a gig tomorrow.
selecta_bing

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
An im still rabbiting on an write fart...
Madda dan...

Simmo T

Simmo T
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts
BIG UP EARTHLINK!

Dance did well nice!! Huge sets from all... Future Sabata The Links n Firehouse!

Nuttn but vibes n smiles!! Wikid agaaaain!

MonkeyRockers

MonkeyRockers
  • Members
  • 121 posts
Nice work Selecta Bing! I too have been listening to reggae music for over thirty years! Real reggae music!
It is very heartening to see a few people standing up to these young people who are trying to pollute ozreggae with their hip hop crap!
They need to be told what reggae music is all about. That their bully tactics have no place!

PEACE & LOVE for everybody!

We are all children of the rainbow! One love!

Selector Bing I and my wife and kids salute you!
[center]REAL REGGAE FOREVER!

ONE

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users