Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Peetah Morgan - JA, J Boog - USA, Fiji - Hawaii (Bris)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
Posted Image

With an ALL STAR LINE UP FEATURING JBOOG - PEETAH MORGAN -KIWINI VAITAI - SIAOSI - LAGA SAVEA - HOT RAIN - IRIE LOVE. Be there to witness this massive celebration a night definately not to be missed

Peetah Morgan, for many years, Peetah’s distinctive voice has led his legendary family band, Morgan Heritage on some of the biggest anthems in modern roots reggae. Such hits as “Tell Me How Come”, ‘Don’t Haffi Dread’, ‘Best Friend’, ‘She’s Still Loving Me’ and ‘Down By The River’ amongst others is what made the group a staple in the reggae community and the sibling band legendary all over the world

George ‘FIJI’ Veikoso is one of the biggest and most enduring Polynesi...an artists of our time. His golden voice and musical blends have launched him on the world stage as a pioneer of island reggae music. Fiji’s fusion of classic reggae with hip-hop, RnB and jazz set him apart as a performer. His unique style defies the idea of categorizing artists into a single genre of music, giving Fiji widespread appeal and the ability to capture his array of his musical influences. This is his destiny, he will definately DELIVER the best show

J Boog is a man of many influences. The singer of Samoan descent was born in Long Beach and raised in Compton, California. Growing up in the rough streets of Compton, the strong sense of tradition and culture that J Boog absorbed from his family was instrumental in his path to stay off the streets and begin a successful music career. Having worked with artists the likes of George “Fiji” Veikoso and Gramps Morgan of Morgan Heritage, J Boog has always been destined for success

Kiwini, Even though fame and the spotlight was never the fuel behind pursuing a career in music, it has come to Kiwini (pronounced Kee-vee-nee) Vaitai simply because his fans can’t get enough of him. Born in Dallas, TX and a local of Waianae, HI, Kiwini (who is half Tongan and half Hawaiian) has really taken the best of both his Tongan and Hawaiian cultures to create music that is enjoyed and loved by many. His style of music is an obvious product of his musical upbringing but his work ethic and passion for music is the very reason he has come to work with some of the biggest Urban Island artists today. Collaborating with the best is a sure way to number himself among the best and Kiwini is right on track and making that a living reality every day

Laga, Influenced by many different genres of music including jazz, reggae, inspirational R & B, classical and Hawaiian island of Cook began to develop his own unique flavor to create perform and record music as the drummer for the group "Hot Rain" Cook began composing music at an early age his musical influences include Brian McKnight Beres Hammond, Lucky Dube Luki D Smokey Norful J Moss and Fiji have performed with many big island and reggae artist Maxi Priest yellow man Don Carlos and Arrested Development, you will be hearing much more of this talented lot and humble young man from Nanakuli Hawaiian Mr Cook

Siaosi, On August 29, 1981, Siaosi (pronounced: See-ow-see) Kakala Taulani Jr. was born to Siaosi Taulani Sr. and Seni Lose Tupou in Honolulu, Hawaii

Siaosi was able to develop a relationship with the band and eventually became a singing member with “Inoa’ole.” “Inoa’ole” had topped the charts with such #1 hits as “Take This Raft” in Hawaii, “Ta’u Koula” in Tonga, and “Pretty Island Woman” in Guam.

Hot Rain - Now days, J Boog frequently tours with Hawaiian band Hot Rain, an up and coming group known for their backing abilities & musicianship, but now more so for their own music. In November 2011, they released their first album “Self Titled” which did not disappoint. With hit songs ‘Love’, ‘Cuz I’m’ and ‘Heavyweight Love’ hitting #1 on several of Hawaii’s top radio stations, Hot Rain has the islands grooving to their brand of reggae music

Irie Love - is currently working with Morgan Heritage and continues to record tracks with several top producers such as Stephen McGregor, Bobby Digital, Sly & Robbie, Christopher Birch, Mario Lawrence from Kingston adding to a powerful set of existing songs in anticipation of her full-length album, THE LIFE OF”LOVE” to be released first quarter 2008 on Gedion Music!

Featuring support act is Brisbane's own up & coming artist: U-ALI with his smooth island reggae sounds he will sure blow the ladies away!

Live at Fitzys Function Centre, Loganholme
Doors will open at 7pm
Friday 8th June (Queens Birthday Long Weekend)

Tickets will be available for sale from surrounding outlets, oztix, fitzys loganholme. Presale tickets $45 or $65 at the door, more details to be announced soon

Jesse I

Jesse I

Higher Level

• Members
  • 6,294 posts
Basmati, now it's finally my turn to ask a variant of the question you always ask when gigs are announced... so...

Melbourne?

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
lol Jesse.....I woulda thought Melb get a show ??

HUA

HUA
  • Members
  • 598 posts
Really looking fwd to this gig,
josHUA

darky roots

darky roots
  • Members
  • 48 posts
It was great to get along to a gig as a punter,

Unfortunately I missed Jagarizza, but got there in time to see the backing band "Hot rain" sing a few songs they were tidy, nothing too memorable from them, but the did a good as the first band,

next up was peetah morgan, I haven't reacted as excited to someone on stage since aaron neville at bluesfest, but when he blazed up "tell me how come" I was pumped for the show, Being the first big artist up out of him , j boog and fiji, he did a great humble job, and commanded the attention of the audience and schooled us on how things go down in JA, I noticed people didn't dislike Peetah but they didn't know who he was either, I reckon he would have gained a few new fans that night

J Boog was next , he sang alot his big tunes and people knew them and loved them, peetah morgan joined him onstage for a few love songs was nice, J boog didn't really do alot for me, it was my first time seeing him, I though he'd blow my socks off considering how popular he is around the pacific islands

FIJI went last and came outa with a huge bang, He sung songs the whole crowd sang along to, songs in Fijian , tongan, was a truely professional performance from the great fiji who is widely known in Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Cook islands, nz

I must say I missed the 10-15 mins change over between bands at your normal gig, because the backing band was the same for each artist, it seemed to just keep going and going like one big show, which is cool, but didn't really allow for as big of an enterance as I'm guessing they may have wanted

All and all a well put together bill catering for a pacific islander audience, good on the promoters for putting it together, well worth $45 pre, hope things like this continue...

Hua

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users