Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tune ID - help needed!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Social Living

Social Living
  • Members
  • 427 posts

Can anyone tell me what this dub tune is, sounds like Channel One, maybe Mighty Diamonds... it's great & I got to get it!

Have spent hours listening to clips online & it's beginning to drive me crazy...

Heard it in this mix Deadbeat did for Boiler Room TV, it starts at 20 mins, but I also ripped a copy of the tune:

Download it here

Or check out the whole mix here

If anyone can help it'll be much appreciated :)

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts

Yes Social Living, ruff tune that!  Definitely sounds like Channel One, but then you already said that....I'm afraid I can't get any closer in IDing, but I will take a piece once someone else tells us what it is!

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

Grapple

Grapple
  • Members
  • 3,057 posts
I asked a mate..he didn't recognize but recommended scanning through some of the revolutionairies dub albums.

Grapple

Grapple
  • Members
  • 3,057 posts

any luck ?

Social Living

Social Living
  • Members
  • 427 posts

Still no joy... have spent a lot of time trying to find out what it is but unsuccessful so far... it's been downloaded quite a few times so maybe someone will let us know!

Dunchillin & Grapple - thanks for replying - if I do find out I'll let you know :)

Grapple

Grapple
  • Members
  • 3,057 posts

You should try messaging Deadbeat ...cant be too hard these days

Social Living

Social Living
  • Members
  • 427 posts

That was the first thing I did!

He was going to double check but thought it was 'the Diamonds on Monica'... haven't heard back since.

Monica seems to be a Canadian label that put out some Channel One stuff, so that makes sense... but still need to know what it's called!!

I'm searching on Twitter, Facebook & Roots Archives as well as here but it remains a mystery tune at the moment :)

Social Living

Social Living
  • Members
  • 427 posts

All is revealed:

http://pressurebeat....it-brother.html

'Cool It Brothers' - The Afreques / 'Zion Gates' - Mighty Two

Joe Gibbs production on Belmont Records.

Anyone got a spare copy ;)

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts

$60 on Ernie B - http://www.ebreggae....INAL-PRESS.html

Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

jay-b

jay-b
  • Members
  • 139 posts

top tune - bought a copy a few years ago and I think it was about $20  -  it comes up now and again on ebay and should end up being cheaper than $60 - I first heard it on a joe gibbs compilation from the late 70's / early 80's "united dreadlocks vol 2  - with the dreads face on a green cover  - nice compilation which shouldn't be that hard to find  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users