Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MISTA SAVONA @ WOMADELAIDE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

ROOTSIFYA

ROOTSIFYA
  • Members
  • 202 posts
Yeh for those in Adelaide who gonna make it to the festival, don't miss this show! Great to be invited to perform at such an awesome festival. We're playing Saturday arvo and Sunday evening. Check the lineup:

Vida Sunshyne, Jornick (French Guiana) & Mantra (Illzilla) on vocal duties

12 piece Mista Savona band with riddim section, horns, 3 x percussionists and samplers

3 x dancers :flame:

We'll be playing old roots, new roots and dancehall - a whole lot of stuff from 'Melbourne Meets Kingston', plus some new tunes with Vida and Jornick and a bag of classic riddims and versions. :fire:

For those in Melbourne who want a sneak preview, come and check out the band's residency at The Evelyn this tuesday night from 10pm, this is a once off with the full band and we'll be running the womad set.

respect everytime!

:bigup:

Alien Grey Zeta Reticula 43.5

Alien Grey Zeta Reticula 43.5
  • Members
  • 254 posts
wish I could see this

Bring it north Jake ! :fire:
Heya , I wont be posting on Ozreggae anymore, all cool and happy as, friends can keep in contact at huckbeats@hotmail.com

Till next time, remember question authority, dont believe the hype

All the love. x

Flower of life

you are being lied to

Itations

Itations

Boom wha dis!

• Culture Don
  • 4,974 posts
Thats such an awesome achivement!

:fiya:

dangerous

dangerous
  • Culture Don
  • 3,773 posts
Wicked! The best festival I ever went to was when I was working at Realworld studio (Peter Gabriel) in UK. We had all access passes to Womad in UK, the weather was great and there was so much great music on that there was not a moment when there was not at least one thing we really wanted to see, often 2 or 3 at the same time and we had to make a choice. I did Glastonbury same year but Womad was 100 times better. I keep meaning to go to a Womadelaide some time, maybe next year :)

This tuesday is Jornick's last one at The Evelyn isn't it? I won't be able to make it this Tuesday unfortunately but I have caught the show before and it is well worth going to.
Bass is maternal, when it's loud I feel safer

topdog

topdog
  • Members
  • 234 posts
this looks great. i saw it in the womadelaide guide book.

i am going to syd opera house on tuesday for Cesaria Evoria, singer from Cape Verde which I am looking forward to.

Hieronymus IX

Hieronymus IX
  • Members
  • 81 posts
was your show at the "The Evelyn" Tues 4th of march?

or is it next Tuesday the 11th?

its not on your myspace events, or on the evelyn's.
CAPITAL DUB STYLE: All things reggae in the ACT
<a href='http://www.facebook....CapitalDubStyle' target='_blank'>FACEBOOK</a>

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
It was last night at the Evelyn.

The session was recorded, so hopefully once the audio is cleaned up I'll be able to post it up for those who missed it ... quality live reggae !
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

Hieronymus IX

Hieronymus IX
  • Members
  • 81 posts
ahhhhhhh, damn,

yes please let me know!!

Hieronymus IX

Hieronymus IX
  • Members
  • 81 posts
on the myspace of the Evelyn it says that its happening next tuesday??

http://www.myspace.com/theevelynhotel

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
Yeah ... every tuesdays until the end of this month !

Last night was special though, it was the last appearance in Melbourne from singer Jornic plus the full Savona band with horns section. They played their full womadelaide set, and it sounded hot !

Hieronymus IX

Hieronymus IX
  • Members
  • 81 posts
i'm just listening to Jornick's tracks on his myspace now, its damn fine french language reggae!!!

Please send me an email once you upload the show!

crimson_robe (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

i may have to travel down to melb this month to see them. thanks for the heads up!!
:wave:

ROOTSIFYA

ROOTSIFYA
  • Members
  • 202 posts
Anyone catch these shows?

Womadelaide is pure fire! Really encorage everyone to try and get there in the coming years, the standards of musicianship and quality of the international artists is awe inspiring. The best festival in the country as far as I'm concerned. We played killer shows, Vida Sunshyne and Jornick in truly inspired form :fire:

The crazy news is that Womad UK are flying us over late July this year to perform, maybe a first for an Australian reggae act? Still can't believe it!

:lighta3:

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts

The crazy news is that Womad UK are flying us over late July this year to perform, maybe a first for an Australian reggae act? Still can't believe it!

Congrats Jake ... massive news !

Sheriff Lindo

Sheriff Lindo
  • Members
  • 353 posts

Braapp Braapp Braapp!!!!!!!

Well done family Savona :bigup:
Keep us all posted. :respect:
Original blueprint, no carbon!!!!

ROOTSIFYA

ROOTSIFYA
  • Members
  • 202 posts
Yes Sheriff RESPECT!! :bigup:

delay

delay
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Anyone catch these shows?

as ya know i was there last tue for jornicks unscheduled "2nd" last performance :lol:

was a great gig i thought - relaxed, solid and had space.

fantastic news re: UK Jake.

:dubit:

mizzem

mizzem
  • Members
  • 195 posts
Congrats on the Womad UK trip! That's incredible. I sent over Melbourne Meets Kingston to a DJ friend in London and she was really excited about it. It's still one of my favourite releases from the past few years. Ras Woman was the track I played the most during my radio show on 4ZzZ 102.1FM Brisbane. . . Vida is a goddess. Well done guys!!!

ROOTSIFYA

ROOTSIFYA
  • Members
  • 202 posts
Thanks for the support respect :yes: