Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ASTRONOMY CLASS - MISTA SAVONA Skool Daze Tour

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

basmati

basmati

soundsystem done miracles for reggae music

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
See all Brissy crew at The Globe on the 9th June !

nardo

nardo
  • Members
  • 1,499 posts
first up, band leader Mr Savona :thumbs:
(that Determine is BAD and sounded wicked over the played rhythm)

& thought the Astro Class show at Hermanns (record launch) was great - this one was better!! woop woop

Annandale was rammed, don't think there was anyone who didn't have their hands in the air at the finish -- left everyone on a high -- BIG SHOW! BIG RESPECT!
<a href='http://www.firecorner.com' target='_blank'>firecorner.com</a>

Chris

Chris
  • Members
  • 1,785 posts

Annandale was rammed, don't think there was anyone who didn't have their hands in the air at the finish -- left everyone on a high -- BIG SHOW! BIG RESPECT!

Yes indeed. A truly awesome display of talents all round. Great musicianship and vocals and such a fantastic vibe. :thumbs: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
  • Members
  • 1,404 posts
going to miss this due to a dj gig I gotta do in the hills that night, pity I would love dearly to see the show.

Big up Jake, and catch up soon
Huck is always on the raft.

No time to mess with Greed, Got some fine plants to seed...

sir robbo

sir robbo
  • Members
  • 48 posts
thanks to everyone who came down and made Saturday such a memorable night, great vibes indeed. shame it all had to wrap up so early but what can you do? best to end on a high i s'pose. big up to Jake and his band - an amazing set. special mention to the wonderfully talented Vida Sunshine who we've had the pleasure of getting to know over the last 2 weeks. and to all the guests who jumped up with Astro Class and raised the vibes even higher, much love.
we're really looking forward to W.A and Qld (and Byron) over the next couple of weeks.
and for anyone interested you can hear our live set from the East Brunswick Club show on JJJ "Live at the Wireless" tonight (May 28th) at 8pm.

oh and thanks for the kind words Nardo and Chris, good to see you both on Saturday, as always.

:respect:

Chris

Chris
  • Members
  • 1,785 posts
For those that missed it...

Astronomy Class live at the wireless

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
From all reports I heard it was a wicked night...
Fantastic to know the evening and all the musos were well received up there. Big up to the fullest..

:thumbs:
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

Social Living

Social Living
  • Members
  • 427 posts
Wicked night!!!

We raced back from North NSW to get to Sydney in time... & it was fully worth it!

Uncle Ho was cool (& featured a euphonium!!)
Excellent band with Mr Savona... just a superb set...
Great vibes from Astonomy Class

Top quality all night long!!

Chasm

Chasm
  • Members
  • 24 posts
big thanks to everyone who came down to the Sydney show, was a bangin night! peace

Simmo T

Simmo T
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts
BIG UP THE WHOLE ELEFANT CREW!! Thanks fa an absolutely DOPE long weekend!
Astronomy Class, Toungue and Diaz, Mista Savona thanks for three maaad shows and four days of good vibes! BLESS. Massive respect to DJ Missile, Rythm Infinit, and BigMan Productions for mekin the shit happen, keepin it real and keepin the luv. Ooman dem run hiphop pon the west coast.
Keep on keepin on. Good luck with all future endevours.
<span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>COOL WEN MI COME BOUT</span></span>

<a href='http://twitter.com/SimmoTee' target='_blank'>http://twitter.com/SimmoTee</a>

basmati

basmati

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
This Saturday night in Brisbaine - big tings a gwaan !

ROOTSIFYA

ROOTSIFYA
  • Members
  • 202 posts
yo BYRON MASSIVE!!

CD launch tonight (friday night), full band and horns with guests vida sunshyne and ras bin sam on mic duties...northern hotel at 1130pm.

dont miss! brisbane show will be much earlier, around 7pm, and not quite the full band lineup...

:fire: :fire:

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,092 posts
Boom! :fiya:

Wicked night!!

Very hungover - going back to bed.

Large ups to everyone, especially Vida Sunshyne and Jake Savona - you bad!

Wicked to meet you Jake, come stay anytime!

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

basmati

basmati

• Members
  • 2,548 posts
Brisbane show

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Major Krazy

Major Krazy

The Krazy 1

• Members
  • 3,689 posts
BYRON:

Enjoyed this nite, checking the vybes of Grass Roots Street Orchestra, Illzilla, Astronomy Class & Mista Savona.

The sound wasn't as good as it can be at the Great Northern & from all accounts the sound on stage was challenging.

I really enjoyed Astronomy Class (after last seeing them at an enpty Bech Hotel, likened to an empty westfield shopping mall) & they had the best of the crowd who were obviously there mainly for their set.

Mista Savona set was good but probably at the wrong time after Astronomy Class (to drop back the vibe). Vida was wikked as always & the added bonus of her & Raz Bin Sam sharring a stage was great.
All in all the crowd that was there really enjoyed the set. (Heard alot of good comments as I handed out Mista Savona & Astronomy Class fridge magnets)

There was alot of competition on the North coast this nite with gigs at 2 of the major hall in the hills, which would have reduced the crowd numbers.

BRISBANE:

Well wikked nite this one. Only really had a chance to see Mista Savona set. The sound was far better than the previous nite in Byron & the crowd also was fuller & felt the vibe. Vida's Ras Woman got the part of the crowd still sitting, up & dancing & by the end of the set everyone seemed to be moving & shaking one way or another.
The rest of the night I & Lennox Dread were running Rub A Dub Sound, on the foyer stage for about 4hours straight. We had the place rammed for a good while, except when Astronomy Class were playing (as they were headlining).
Exusted as I was at the end of the night, I had a wkked time.
:bigup: Jai & Steve (Roots, Rap, Reggae organisers) & all dem crew who were part of these nights! :fire: