Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My guitar from Bob Marley

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

SirJohanIII

SirJohanIII
  • Members
  • 21 posts
I came to this forum to share a very special story and online event for you Aussie Rastafarians for great causes. Please do not be shocked as I was Bob Marley's guitar tech & friend & I happen to be the only person in the entire world in the public domain to own his personal guitar in which he gave to me in Vancouver, BC, Nov 21, 1979. You can see everything here: Click here to the only link you need that leads to my tribute to Bob Marley as well

Bob's guitar front view
Posted Image

Bob's guitar back view, his name engraved on the back headstock
Posted Image

Me in the newspaper 1996 telling my story with Bob's guitar
Posted Image

Cheers & Truly,
SirJohanIII
Founder /www.DJOD.org :o

SirJohanIII

SirJohanIII
  • Members
  • 21 posts
With regards to politics: THE BEST OBAMA VIDEO YET

Click here to watch & Enjoy

He will be a great president.

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
:rolleyes: :weirdpost:
Madda dan...

SirJohanIII

SirJohanIII
  • Members
  • 21 posts
My guitar from him is the world's most expensive guitar.

Al Good

Al Good
  • Members
  • 279 posts

My guitar from him is the world's most expensive guitar.

If we choose to believe that someone offered you $5 million for it and you refused, which I find difficult.

Surely the guitar must be sold for a record price before it can be the 'world's most expensive' anyway. As your story goes, this was a free guitar.

LOUIS

LOUIS
  • Members
  • 1,103 posts
I think this thread is interesting. I seem to remember Bob Marley playing a Les Paul Junior in most photos I have seen of him.BMW Les Paul Jnr.

Les Paul Juinior again LOL Les Paul Jnr again

Les Paul Jnr

I wonder how much that Gibson Les Paul Junior would go sell for ?

Not that the Washbourne is not a good guitar, thanks for you post , got anything else we need some interesting posts.

Dont the ACDC brothers play this model guitar. I have 2 friends who did some work for David Bowie with his band Tin Machine and at the end of the session he gave the engineer his Fender Strat and the assistant his Vox AC 30 Amp.

Was that gig at Orange county I think I have a video of it.

Breddah D

Breddah D
  • Members
  • 318 posts

I wonder how much that Gibson Les Paul Junior would go sell for ?

I believe the Gibson was buried with BM.

Maybe this is actaully the world' most expensive guitar:

http://www.supertouc...tions-for-500k/
"How can one man gun Jah?
Ganja is a bird in Australia."

"I man will never die, no one can kill I."

"Computer is becoming so much a part of people's life, that soon people don't want to go shit anymore, they send the computer to do that..."

- P.Tosh

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

With regards to politics: THE BEST OBAMA VIDEO YET

Click here to watch & Enjoy

He will be a great president.

Yeah it's a weird thread alright Ccoz,iif America don't vote demo=cat.Ain't no CHANCE of redemption for them. :wave: :wink:

SirJohanIII

SirJohanIII
  • Members
  • 21 posts
Just some more proof & my story with the guitar for you guys, my social mod made did this so everyone will know it's for real. It will take you to proof documents of it's authenticity and realness & Sothebys.com comments

http://www.guitarsit.../about4401.html

My tribute to my friend
http://djodcharity.wordpress.coml

Bob's les paul was buried with him as that was his wish. Yes, I refused Jamaican descent billionaire Michael Lee Chin's offer of $5 million for the guitar to do some good deeds for society. The world's most expensive guitar where real monies were taken was this one http://www.guitarsit.../about1335.html for the asia tsunami relief.

Bob's washburn guitar is a great guitar.

SirJohanIII

SirJohanIII

SirJohanIII
  • Members
  • 21 posts
Bob use to call me Gary guitar because I can do all these crazy plays. I'm sharing with you guys here is signature and his gibson guitar pick that he gave to me along with Junior Marvin's signature & more.

Posted Image

I can understand if a few don't believe in what I have to say, it's fine, it's your opinion, but just know that I've been honest and real since I've been on here.

SirJohanIII

LOUIS

LOUIS
  • Members
  • 1,103 posts
Is this Vina ?, I knew you would have more stuff. What else do you have! big ups

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
:lol:
Madda dan...

L.Static

L.Static
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts
I don't think its no one believes you... It's just who really gives a flying fuck? For my own personal curiousity what other reggae do you like other than Bob Sir Johan III?
Madda dan...

SirJohanIII

SirJohanIII
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Is this Vina ?, I knew you would have more stuff. What else do you have! big ups

Funny thing is me and Bob never took pictures together, we just hanged out. I left his guitar in my basement many years cause to me this guitar was just a guitar from my friend. Damian Jr Gong Marley makes great reggae music & mainstream wise, Shaggy was great too. Peter Tosh, Jimmy Cliff, Ziggy, bob's son, all made wonderful music.

Al Good

Al Good
  • Members
  • 279 posts
I just wonder about the reality of your goal Johan.

You claim to have been offered $5 million for this guitar, which you declined, yet the highest ever auction price for a guitar previously was 2.7 million USD in 2005, and that particular guitar was signed by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Brian May, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, Jeff Beck, Pete Townsend, Mark Knopfler, Ray Davis, Liam Gallagher, Ronnie Wood, Tony Iommi, Angus & Malcolm Young, Paul McCartney, Sting, Ritchie Blackmore, Def Leppard, and Bryan Adams to raise money for victims of the 2004 Tsunami.

http://most-expensiv...guitar-in-world

As Louise has already pointed out this is not the make, or model of guitar usually associated with Bob, and it is not signed.

Like L Static says, I do not doubt your honesty or integrity, it just seems like you have unrealistic expectations for this guitar.

Serious question/s: Do you really think you will get more than $5 mill for this guitar and how? and who is getting the money? do you have a similarly high profile charity/cause such as the Tsunami?

Your name and general style of communication make me wonder if you are grounded in reality. (no offence) :respect:

SirJohanIII

SirJohanIII
  • Members
  • 21 posts
I am connected with all of the right people on this entire planet pertaining to this guitar that when I got the letter from Sotherby's I was quite shocked. I would like to deal with Rudy Schlacher, CEO of Washburn Guitars along with other music company's he owns. One of the first people I got in-touched with is Rudy about this guitar because being the owner of this guitar; I have to find out everything about it. Rudy was well aware of the project that I'm doing going back several years ago. He has been a wealth of information pertaining to how, why, and where about the guitar. If you have any questions phone Rudy. I offer you two phone numbers: 1-800-877-6863 or 1-847-949-0444 and just ask for Rudy.

Now we will deal with Michael-Lee-Chin, a Canadian billionaire that is of Jamaican descent and the owner of Berkshire Canada (a part of Berkshire Hathaway owned by Warren Buffet). Michael, the owner and chairman has bought the Bank of Jamaica www.jncb.com and was or is buying the world's largest collection of Bob Marley memorabilia from Roger Steffens (the holder of the largest Bob Marley collection in the world). The value of this collection from what I was told is approximately $9 million. The collection is being taken and going to be set up in a museum of reggae music in general in Jamaica where it belongs. If you would like to contact Michael, of course not his personal # that's for my personal contact list, his work phone no. is 1-888-622-3477. Michael offered me $5 million for the guitar but I refuse I am putting it up for charity worldwide. He understands what I'm doing, as he is great for Corporate Social Responsibility and has given away millions out of his own pocket to help people such as the NCB Foundation doing great work.

Now how about playing guitar? I have been playing guitar since the age of 14. By the time Bob gave me the Washburn guitar, I didn't even want it because as of that time I owned 75 guitars. Current collection? 125 and growing! I play guitar left handed upside down and backwards as a right-handed strung guitar of which I play right-handed. Care for a guitar dual?! Step into my lab. In all due respect, YES I do play guitar. I hope some of you enjoy playing guitar as much as I do!

The world's most expensive guitar to this date is a guitar that Bryan Adams (a fellow high school chum of mine from North Van High) had put together for charity. This guitar was signed by rock stars around the world and got approximately $3 million in US for a great cause - the Tsunami victims of Asia. I am well aware of what guitars go for in the open market. The only reason that this guitar is worth this kind of money is because it's 1 of 7 or 8, all the others owned by the Marley family. Throw in the fact that my friend has been dead for approximately 30 yrs. I would put to you what the guitar is worth based on these facts.

The reason my name is Sir Johan is because I'm a knight just like Sir Richard Brunson of the Virgin group. You guys can google it up if you find it interesting about Sirs & knights.

AsherSelector

AsherSelector
  • Members
  • 46 posts

and was or is buying the world's largest collection of Bob Marley memorabilia from Roger Steffens (the holder of the largest Bob Marley collection in the world). The value of this collection from what I was told is approximately $9 million. The collection is being taken and going to be set up in a museum of reggae music in general in Jamaica where it belongs.

Irie ...

http://ca.youtube.co...h?v=_ve8a3hrSDY

Ises ...

Hermes Conrad

Hermes Conrad
  • Members
  • 31 posts
johan, did you ever perform with siegfried and roy?

Hermes Conrad

Hermes Conrad
  • Members
  • 31 posts
http://www.washburn....h...D=13691𖚆

love this bit!

So there is no corroborating evidence to suggest its ever had anything to do with Bob Marley then.... Thats why people are suspicious, as putting an asking price of a million on a guitar based on hearsay (and that is all it is really, without proof... thinking like a scientist here). The website really does little to convince of its legitmacy - and registering a lottery in the Isle of Man of all places..

Think I'll pass

http://www.guitar.co...e20_sotheby.jpg claims to be a letter from Sotheby's but the grammar is absolutely atrocious and I find it incredibly difficult to believe that anyone from such a prestigious organisation would write so badly. It shares grammatical structures to your letter on http://www.djod.org/Info%20P19.jpg
--

SirJohanIII

SirJohanIII
  • Members
  • 21 posts
Brother, it's your opinion. I am not forcing you to do anything or believe for that matter. I find it really interesting that me in the newspaper with Bob's guitar is not enough to prove to you the truth. I'm here to simply share my guitar from my legendary friend. If you don't believe me, then don't. If Julian Marvin's witness document that proves the guitar's authenticity isn't enough, I don't know what else will.

The reason I have no pictures with Bob or of him playing his washburn is because I treated him more of a friend, not a fan who wanted to take pictures with him and get his autograph. To me, he wasn't a celebrity, I simply saw him as a friend and a man who knew how to make great music. We hanged out & we partied. On that day on Nov 21, 1979, in Vancouver, he wanted to give me his washburn guitar.

Our website is a government website which will allow people from around the world to be part of our project. There's laws here in Canada that limits our actions which is why our organization is registered at the Isle of Man. As you can see, our website is not complete. Just an advice, never judge a book by its cover, its what's inside that counts.

As far as grammar errors go, nobody is perfect. Do you know someone who is?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image