Welcome to OzReggae.com Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Marley, the ring of Selassie I, the seal

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Lennox Dread

Lennox Dread
  • Members
  • 318 posts
I was interested in the twelve tribes thing,
and it made me think about, the ring that ended up in the hands of bob Marley that was originally worn by his Imperial Magestys Haile Selassie I , it was proved to be the ring, when bob met with a rellative of Selassie, this is described in the book , CATCH A FIRE, so bob told the man ,ya kow sometimes this ring burn like fire,
it was interesting that towards the end of Marleys life, he was getting close to pass thru to the otherside, he was going to bestow the ring on to his son Ziggy, the Prophet t Gad was on a mission to obtain the ring from the Marleys, on hearing that the illness Bob had was life threatening seen, so the family where harrassed by the members of the twellve tribes on the location of the Lion ring, when i think it was Bobs mother, or Rita that pronounced that the ring had gone back to the hand of his magesty, in a criptc way being that the ring was encaced in the tomb at nine mile, out of the hands of all the thieves and parasites,
just an interessting story that came to mind, almost like a classic tale of adventure,
i was interested to see a continuation of the symbology of the lion ring in the recent stars of reggae, on reading an interview on Damien Marley in a mag that has a photo of him burning herbs and yes i he has a replica Lion ring,
and to see an artist by the name of Warrior King, with his own Lion ring,
has Ziggy Marley got himeself a lion ring too,
im not sure why im writing this other than the continuation of a legacy always relates to earthly symbols, and we know that spiritualiy is related to the leting go of material wares, there is always the symbols of history and cultural and religious significance, even in this time we live in
long live the Lion of Judah, he shall break every chain,
BRAND NEW TUNES !!CHECK
http://www.myspace.com/lennoxdread

RANKING

RANKING
  • Culture Don
  • 8,927 posts
Posted Image
Play by the king for love is all I bring ...

Judah

Judah

Real Fyah Man Inna Yard

• Members
  • 327 posts
you can find replica's of it in ebay..
Judah

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
The ring was given to Bob as a present from Selassie's family. The significance came from Bob apparentley dreaming about the ring, and describing it in detail to others before been given it. Yeah, he said it burned sometimes. Dunno about incased in a tomb - Bob lies 6 feet up in the air in his coffin

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard
  • Members
  • 1,035 posts
Hey... Lenox you never seen mine?
I always were it.... ...it was past over to me from a child hood friend from Kenya he is half I-tiopian... there are meany of dem out der... this ring is suposed to be an antike from H.I.M's time,... its in Silver.. alot of the rings people buy out there are in metal and start to rust.. or the lion of Juda will simpely jus fal of hehe...

have lost it sooooo menay times cos i alwas have the habit of taken my rings of wen Im going to do something.. like eat etc... have lost it in the most imposible places....... but its always come back to me..

Bless!

Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard
  • Members
  • 1,035 posts
Posted Image

waza

waza
  • Members
  • 120 posts
When i was at the JR Gong concert he was wearing one exactly the same as the one bob had... maybe it is it?

:yes:

FoundationStepper

FoundationStepper

Bass Nerd Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 2,241 posts
this guy had one last time I checked

Posted Image

Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard
  • Members
  • 1,035 posts
lol :D

Mikey Glamour

Mikey Glamour

Brown $tick of Dynamite

• Members
  • 9,101 posts
Im toying with the idea of buying this one!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...Y_BIN_Stores_IT
NAME - MIKEY GLAMOUR
ALIAS - BROWN $TICK OF DYNAMITE
AGE - NONE OF YAH BLOODCLAAT BIZNIZ
OCCUPATION - INTIMATE SERVICE PROVIDER/MINISTER FOR ARGUMENT AND REASONING
PLACE OF WORK - SELF EMPLOYED SPERM BANK - GYAL COME GET AH LOAN
POSITION - LIZARD LAP/FOOT PON SHOULDER
CURRENT LOCATION - INNA YU GYAL/UP IN THE HILLS AH HOLD AH MEDITATION
CITY - GUN SMOKE/GANGSTA TOWN/SYN CITY
COUNTRY - CONVICT COUNTRY
ROLE MODELS - KING SOLOMAN/MIKE TYSON
HOBBIES - "IS ALL ABOUT DI JOY"
DIS LIKES - GYAL WHE TOO STOOSH
FAVOURITE WEBSITE - user posted imageDONT BE NOSEY

FI MI FACE BOOK LINK
MY SPACE LINK FI DI GLAMMS
Hortense Phillipa Waisome aka "Mum" 15.7.52 - 20.3.05 For ever missed but never forgotten

Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard
  • Members
  • 1,035 posts
Wwwwwwwoooo... Smoooth.. hehe nice Mikey.. Wicked ring!

Green

Green
  • Members
  • 897 posts

Posted Image

Just thought I would pass on something I know about the ring story and the CATCH A FIRE book… when that book came out 1982 after Bob’s death I went out and got it and the first thing I did is check what it had two say about Twelve Tribes since Bob was a member.. It had a lot of negative things, but most Rasta books do,, and some unusual positive things to say about us… I’ll take up two them ..

1. In the Book Negative: It said Gad Man wanted this ring.. I asked Gadman about that ring in 1985 and he said he knew of no ring or wanted it..

2. In the Book Unusually positive: It said Gadman had got a letter from Haile Selassie with his blessing to form the Twelve Tribes… I asked Gadman about that and he told me never spoke to Haile Selassie or ment him or got a letter from him..

So after that I thought that if they are lying when they are bigging up Gadman in saying that he got a letter from Haile Selassie then I didn’t take much account of the rest..

I knew before the book came out that they would be down on Twelve Tribes because Rita Marley was not happy about the Twelve Tribes in control of the funeral (SEE VIDEO OF FUNERAL and book) as Bob was a member he left Twelve Tribes in control.

And just a note look at the photo of Bob Marley with the ring on,, look at the photo and see how big the ring is on his hand TO BIG!!!!! Many others have pointed this out… Haile Selassie was shorter then Bob and there are photos of his hands they are very small and had thin fingers and this ring is in no photos of his hands that I have seen… This may have been a royle ring put it couldn’t have fit on Haile Selassie hands.

I meet Haile Selassie grandson Prince Zara Yacob in England and Ethiopia I didn’t ask him about this ring thing,,, but few other bull shit storeys you hear in these so called RASTA Books,, VERY FEW SOUNDED true to him.

I toured with Judy Mowatt in 1990 in New Zealand and on the Bus we did talk about that Book all she had to say is she knew Rita didn’t like the Twelve Tribes but couldn’t understand why she lied about Gadman.

So LIKE JIMI HENDRIX SAID “ you can't believe everything you read and see now can you, so if you excuse me I must be on my way” :wave:

MAYBE FOUNDATIONSTEPPER IS RIGHT it did come from that thing he sent in..
JAH LIVES!! we are the children of the rainbow!

Doctor Fil

Doctor Fil

Internet

• Members
  • 1,492 posts
Mikey

(Approximately US $647.19)

:hpyno:

But it is a nice ring. :dork:
Rastafari not a culture, it's a reality.

Mikey Glamour

Mikey Glamour

Brown $tick of Dynamite

• Members
  • 9,101 posts
Back in London I actually had that ring (This was back in my rude boy days) but the lion droped out of the ring.....but have always wanted another one like it!!!!!!
NAME - MIKEY GLAMOUR
ALIAS - BROWN $TICK OF DYNAMITE
AGE - NONE OF YAH BLOODCLAAT BIZNIZ
OCCUPATION - INTIMATE SERVICE PROVIDER/MINISTER FOR ARGUMENT AND REASONING
PLACE OF WORK - SELF EMPLOYED SPERM BANK - GYAL COME GET AH LOAN
POSITION - LIZARD LAP/FOOT PON SHOULDER
CURRENT LOCATION - INNA YU GYAL/UP IN THE HILLS AH HOLD AH MEDITATION
CITY - GUN SMOKE/GANGSTA TOWN/SYN CITY
COUNTRY - CONVICT COUNTRY
ROLE MODELS - KING SOLOMAN/MIKE TYSON
HOBBIES - "IS ALL ABOUT DI JOY"
DIS LIKES - GYAL WHE TOO STOOSH
FAVOURITE WEBSITE - user posted imageDONT BE NOSEY

FI MI FACE BOOK LINK
MY SPACE LINK FI DI GLAMMS
Hortense Phillipa Waisome aka "Mum" 15.7.52 - 20.3.05 For ever missed but never forgotten

dunchillin

dunchillin
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts

he said he knew of no ring or wanted it..

eh? We all know about it - we got a thread on ozreggae bout it !!! Gad knew of no ring? :redface: ringwhatringIdon'tknownoringdon'ttalktomeaboutrings.... :wink:

"I was not educated, I was inspirated. If I was educated I would be a damn fool"

Green

Green
  • Members
  • 897 posts

Back in London I actually had that ring (This was back in my rude boy days) but the lion droped out of the ring.....but have always wanted another one like it!!!!!!

Mikey: that ring is so big on Bob Marley's Hand no wonder it's lost now.. It fell off and this Guy in downtown Kingston was selling it.. He maybe still there and you can get one.. although there was only one ring on Bob's hand he seem to have lots of them for sell with a sign>> BOB MARLEY'S LION OF JUDAH RING..

someone better tell Rita Marley were they are.. :fire:
JAH LIVES!! we are the children of the rainbow!

Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard
  • Members
  • 1,035 posts

LOL well like I said in my post up there...

"alot of the rings people buy out there are in metal and start to rust.. or the lion of Juda will simpely jus fal of hehe..."

But that ring theya.. looks solide.. and fore that price it bewst not fall apart... :)

RaldoAsher

RaldoAsher
  • Members
  • 43 posts
Material material...
www.myspace.com/raldoasher

jessp

jessp
  • Members
  • 325 posts
Spirit and love is stronger than any metal you find...
Peace and Love to all the nations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users